• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1,000.00 per horsepower

A Group 4 rallye-race LeCar....those things are actually quite bad-***. 160hp doesn't sound like much but it only weighs 2100 lbs. Rear drive, fat stance, lots of torque...

They were huge in Europe at the time. I remember having one of those cars was "god-like". They are very quick but more importantly they handle real well.

Modeled after Group B rallye cars. Function first...form...well....

Nd9GcSnQAfcg9J50ShrRlpKSloliOeGE7MLou67zw&usqp=CAU.jpg

392926.jpg

BB1cRl2g.jpg

Those rally cars of the 80s and 90s like the Renault and the Lancia Delta Integrale were so ahead of their time from an engineering point of view. They were never meant to look good but just perform.

I remember getting a Hot Rod Magazine in ‘86. It had the Dodge Omni Shelby GLH on the cover… and a ‘66 GT350 Shelby Mustang. The write up went on to say how the GLH beat the GT350 in every performance perspective. 1/4 mile, 0-100-0, G force cornering… Which one would you rather drive? Be seen in? Which one would have been the better investment? :D At the time a local Lincoln/Mercury dealer had a GT350H in Red with gold stripes for $10k, a little bit more than the $8999 GLH. It was a 4 speed version. It recently sold for $450k.

I remember getting a Hot Rod Magazine in ‘86. It had the Dodge Omni Shelby GLH on the cover… and a ‘66 GT350 Shelby Mustang. The write up went on to say how the GLH beat the GT350 in every performance perspective. 1/4 mile, 0-100-0, G force cornering… Which one would you rather drive? Be seen in?
My answer: the Shelby. ( hint: not the VW Rabbit look-alike )

yes those audi's were something different that what I was use to,with the all wheel drive!I remember driving one to an after hours cub downtown toronto from the airpot and my bud says you better slow down, was doing 115mph and felt like cruising!

but that 1000/hp is a joke we were spending 10,000.00 per mph added in offshore racing after 110mph

The examples that made it to America were not awe-inspiring, save for the handling, which was go-kart-like, when compared to anything here at the time. They were actually dependable, too...perhaps the only Renault to be able to claim that here. And the example for sale? I'd drive that SOB like every day were my last on Earth! Talk about an E-ticket ride!

Don't knock the Omni GLHS, either....it is a BLAST. Tiny little Omni, light weight....nearly 200 hp? FUN.

I've had a bunch of Carroll's Dodge models - they're ALL a blast.
Fat girls are fun too… ask me how I know. :p :D

It may be a lot of things and one of them is, over priced. In my opinion.

Sorry not my cup of tea at all
& I like Rally cars

May have been a cool Rally car for the time

just not worth that, no matter how rare,
it's freaken' French
& a Renault too, boot

a fool & his Money comes to mind
even for Jay Leno

W T F ?!?!?!?!? It's just a Le Car.
At first glance I thought it said 'Lame' Motor Museum
No thanks I would rather walk or take the Le Bus!
I'd drive just about anything to keep from taking the bus! lol
Don't knock the Omni GLHS, either....it is a BLAST. Tiny little Omni, light weight....nearly 200 hp? FUN.

I've had a bunch of Carroll's Dodge models - they're ALL a blast.
Drove one of those when they were new and wow....it got my attention but geez....it's was a box to recon with and I like square body cars but not so much that one.
Fat girls are fun too… ask me how I know. :p :D
Never were for me.....

Auto Transport Service
Back