• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$10,000 Cash Finder's Fee Still Available

RRDon

Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Just a reminder, I'm still willing to pay $10K to anyone who can locate my original 70 Road Runner. Even if I'm not able to buy it back I'm still willing to pay just to locate it and that I'm able to see it and verify the VIN. RM21N0E132917
Orig RR Driveway view.JPG

Purchased (by me) new in June of 1970 at a Chrysler Plymouth dealership on West Glendale Ave in Glendale, AZ. Traded in to Don Sanderson Ford (Glendale, AZ) sometime in the spring of 1973. It's a 383 four speed car. I know it's a long shot but it is (or was) a totally rust free car and was never wrecked (surprisingly) when I owned it.

$10k...you certainly have provided the spark for the treasure hunt

i hope it works out for you...and the finder

watermelon

The incentive is there, best of luck.

Hate to be Johnny Raincloud here but a 383 4 speed Roadrunner probably had the snot run out of it back in the day. Good chance it's a memory now but you never know, could be nice and cozy in someone's garage....
Good luck :thumbsup:

Hate to be Johnny Raincloud here but a 383 4 speed Roadrunner probably had the snot run out of it back in the day. Good chance it's a memory now but you never know, could be nice and cozy in someone's garage....
Good luck :thumbsup:
I acknowledged that its a long shot but I thought that since it was a clean rust free AZ car it might have somehow survived. If nothing else the $10K would be a nice finders fee for someone willing to do a little research around the country.
Here's the last know license plate number (and a view commonly see by more than a few SS396 Chevelle's ;)
Orig RR Rear View.JPG

There are a lot of Mopar clubs around the country and somebody in one of those clubs just might recognize the car or the VIN. I would recommend starting with the AZ clubs first and then working outward. Remember, all it takes to get the $10K cash is just find out where the car is today and verify it's really that car and let me see it and verify it. Even if it belongs to a private party and they don't want to sell it back to me. Note: However if we do find it I'm prepared to make the current owner a substantial offer. I can assure you everybody involved will be very happy.
Orig RR Side View.JPG

This photo was taken near 19th Ave and Cactus Rd. in Phoenix around late 1970.

Good luck. I hope you find it and can buy it back.

It has not been exported to Sweden, anyway, it´s not in the Swedish car register.
At least one small area to take away from your search list....
Good luck!
/Mattias

It has not been exported to Sweden, anyway, it´s not in the Swedish car register.
At least one small area to take away from your search list....
Good luck!
/Mattias
Thanks, that really narrows it down to the rest of the planet ;)) LOL

Speaking of Sweden, I understand there's quite a large Mopar muscle car following there. John Herlitz (former VP of Mopar design and father of the Barracuda) was Swedish. I had the pleasure of meeting with him at the design studio in Carlsbad, California back in the late 90's. A very nice down to earth person and a total car guy. We stayed in touch for several years after that.

No luck in Finnish vin-search either

Have you looked into hiring a private investigator? Might be worth a shot. I’ll keep a lookout at car shows and spread the word with your pictures/vin with friends across the states.

Long story short, but my 70 Road Runner did not have a title - it had been lost after the car sat for 17 years in a barn. In order to get a proper replacement title, I had to have a nationwide search performed to prove that the car wasn't stolen. I don't know how detailed this type of search is (it was not done by me), but they did find the last past owner in California as the last time is was registered in the early 1990's. I think this was done by the police, so you may be able to do the same kind of thing.

Good luck and I hope you find it!

Hawk

I've had the DMV and the Police run the VIN but nothing came up. The problem is that the VINs back then were shorter than the ones now days and also that was back before computers. So today's government computers don't have records going back that far and their software programs don't recognize VINs that are shorter. I think the best way is to check the various Mopar clubs and let everyone know there's a $10K finders' fee for that VIN.

I've had the DMV and the Police run the VIN but nothing came up. The problem is that the VINs back then were shorter than the ones now days and also that was back before computers. So today's government computers don't have records going back that far and their software programs don't recognize VINs that are shorter. I think the best way is to check the various Mopar clubs and let everyone know there's a $10K finders' fee for that VIN.

Glad you checked. I think that means the car is either gone (junked and destroyed) OR a long term project sitting in someone's garage. If it were on the road, I would think it would come up. Regardless, I truly hope you find her - that would be awesome!

Good luck in ur search. Lots of cars have been found over the years. A few I know of have been reunited with their former owners. I found 2 of mine that I looked for. 1 has been sitting untouched under a tarp in the back of a garage since I sold it in 1980. It’s not for sale. It’s a shame as it’s still pretty dam good shape. It would be nice for me or someone else to enjoy it. Kim

Glad you checked. I think that means the car is either gone (junked and destroyed) OR a long term project sitting in someone's garage. If it were on the road, I would think it would come up. Regardless, I truly hope you find her - that would be awesome!
Thanks hsorman, I'm pretty sure it is long gone. There wasn't any special or collectable features about the car, just a base 70 road runner. Most of those cars by the mid 70's you could not give away. Plus the fact they had drum brakes and high performance engines meant that a very large percentage of them got wrecked. ;)

Auto Transport Service
Back