• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 10" rear drum brake assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a few axles here and need to get brakes on them. I want to use 10" diameter, large bolt pattern. The shoe width isn't crucial if you have the drums to go with them. I understand that there are a few different styles so no matter what I do, I will want a matched set.
It is an odd thing. I have several backing plates and a few sets of drums but I am missing all the guts. I can buy a spring and pin hardware kit locally but the parking brake lever and other stuff has to be found used somewhere.
Let me know what you have. I might be interested in either a complete bolt in set or a box of the internal parts.
Thank you!

I do believe I have 10 inch brakes on the old Belle 8.75 out back I will check tomorrow.

I even have the parking cables. But I do need to keep the passenger side cable. The one on my Belle is frayed really bad.

I can get cables. I'm putting a 73 A body 8 1/4" axle into a 65 Valiant so I'll have to source some custom type cables from Dr Diff anyway.
The brakes I'm looking for can be found on almost any 8 3/4" axle along with most CAR 8 1/4 and 9 1/4" axles. I'm guessing the Dana 60 uses the same pattern as well.

Here is what I have they are still on the rear end and will have to be removed. I can take it apart so you would have everything including backing plates. Everything is untouched.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thank you for responding. Hold off for a little while though, please. I may have some luck locally.

Last edited:
Honestly, the shipping from Atlanta to Granite Bay will be more than the parts are worth... Have you looked at the local Pick N Pulls... Rocklin has provided me with lots of parts.... Citrus Heights & Stockton Blvd have also been good.... Heck, a stop in Fairfield on your way home might be worthwhile...

Yeah, I didn't want to be rude to the guy though.
I was at Sunrise Pick N Pull on Saturday. I saw a '79 Cordoba with the brakes I need. It has a 8 1/4" axle so to get the backing plates off, the axles have to come out. To get THOSE out, I have to pull the Diffferential pin and drop the C clips out.
The diff pin would NOT come out.
The impotent idiots that set the cars in the yard set it on 3 stands...Two up front and one under the gas tank. What did they save by skipping a fourth stand? The access to the differential was shitty so I tried a while then left all pissed off.

LOL Somedays PNP is good, Somedays it sucks.... I need to go scope out O/D transmissions but since I'm in no hurry I'm waiting till it cools off some...

I'd love to find an A-500 for the Brother in Law's '72 Duster.
IMG_0995.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back