• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10x2 1/2" B Body backing plates?

VeryFastCoronet

Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Anybody have any?
I purchased Dr. Diffs 4.5" axle kit for my A body and no one there bothered to tell me I needed to install B body rear brakes. My bad for not knowing in advance. I'll piece the rest together, but I cannot locate OEM backing plates so looking for a nice used set. I plan on running 10x2 1/2" drums.

I have a rebuilt set, complete with cylinders and new hardware. I can send pics after work. PM me if you are interested.

Just checking,.... but did you notice Cass at Dr Diff also sells the full 10-2 1/2 Drum assemblies with backing plates. If it were me, I'd just order a set of those. I think he charges something like $350 for the full set that has everything you should need.

Again? I just got an email recently saying they were back in stock.

Yep,... Just checked and they are out of stock again. I see the price is now $425. Guess I should have ordered the ones I need for the Barracuda while they were still $350! :)

Use the 11x2 rear brakes, that A body will stop really quick. Did on mine, very happy with them.

Auto Transport Service
Back