• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1250 Dominators

67coronetman

Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
( So which Carburetor would you say is the best on the market today in the 1250 Dominator Class. )

This would be going on my Friends 572 Stroker Hemi his heads where gone thru by jeff at Modern some time back the head flow numbers are way up there and it has a Ray Barton Intake that was ported to match the heads he is running a Lunati Roller Cam that is very close to 700 lift.

The custom built 4150's[1050's] on my hemi, are much more responsive than the dominators were.

My 572 hemi is 800 dyno hp on box stock edelbrock 750's with a modman intake 2x4 little over 700 lift all on 93 octane under 6k rpm I wanted a street engine. 10 3/4 compression no need to wild anymore to have a killer engine. now I did do a bit like a 5k stall with a 354 dana and some caltracs and x275 tires. Not many mopars around here. Mines a bench seat and Reverse valve body column shift car. Just looks like a sedan road runner. Aren't they all?

Quickfuel would get my vote/business...

image.jpgimage.jpgPro-System Carburetor ! Plus There Made In U.S.A Unlike QF
http://www.prosystemsracing.com/index1.html

Last edited:
Pro Systems built a 1200 cfm dominator for my hemi. It's based off an 1150. From what I've seen, you need a very serious combo to utilize the bigger 1250+ cfm carbs on a street/strip type build (you didn't mention the application?). The throttle plates and venturi are so large that it causes some low speed issues.
I'd call Patrick at Pro Systems and let him set you up w/ something. He's done 2 for me and I've been very happy w/ them.

1050 Dominator will work fine. I had one partially built by a guy on Yellow bullet. Btw it's as responsive as any small bodied carb.

Not sure where you get Quick fuel are foriegn made

I toured the Quickfuel Technologies Carb plant in Bowling Green Kentucky,
IIRC back in 2007-ish, they sponsored me for parts for a couple years too...
I personally watched them make/machine CNC a few part for me & my old Pro Gas car BBC,
I watched them build & machine all the big parts there in house,
the little parts like the needles & seats may be out sourced,
IIRC they claimed some company in Az. that make golf clubs does their carb main body castings...

Not sure where the Made in China Crap comes from, I certainly didn't or know of any such thing,
maybe things have changed....

As far as I know their Made in the USA by good ol' Americans in Kentucky...

Clarify your intended use, Track car,,,,, street / strip,,,,, auto or stick. Shouldn't just slap one and see what happens. Will you be tuning with a gauge, a logger or just plug reads?

If you have the coin a pair of Bob Book's converted/prepped 4150's into 2bbls.... All the air flow you will never need.

This is Alan. I bought that small roller cam off of you the other day. You left out a lot of info on your post here. Street? Race? Compression? HP average. Just for starts. You do not need big rpms to make big power, nor big compression. I ran a profab 4159 base 950 on a smaller big block engine that worked fine. quik full iss great also. On my Indy max B1 572 I used an 1150 holley ultra and went a 520 on my first pass with just a starter tune, but upper rpm's My world block 499 made 1028 hp with 2 750 dominators race only. Ya just need to give more info. My street road runner as I said is a 10.75 comp low rpm and I run 2 750 eddies to run a high 9 1/4. but it's a street car. Thats with a 354 gear and 5500 stall and the rest of the drivetrain to match. What all does your buddy have and what are his intentions? You know it takes more than an engine with a statement of close to 800 lift to get any good answers. I have been from 7 secs to 12 secs depending what year I was drag racing lol. Mopar gave us nothing in the early 70's, so it was mostly porting, cam experimenting, and drivetrain. Also the car weight. feed us more

I have a 572 Hemi going on the Dyno this coming week that has a Indy Tunnleram and a pair of Quick fuel 4150 style carbs I'll let you know how it preforms

Attachments

• indy 1050s.jpg
    indy 1050s.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 572HEMIS.jpg
    572HEMIS.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 223
For what it's worth my 572 has been 9.02@151 with a pair of Pro-Systems 750's. Been 9.11@149 (with tire spin) with a pair of box stock Eddy 750's. Both on a Indy cross ram.
Doug

Well my buddy Sam found a good combination of a carburetor stroker Hemi he went with the Quick Fuel 1150 Dominator

Who built them??

Patrick, around 2006. They were perfect outta the box and on the dyno. Anything we changed on them, made less power. It was funny.

28tatmw.jpg

Sent them back to him for the 496 pumpgas motor....they were really screwed up when returned.... Took us awhile to get them sorted.
2m4qe81.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back