• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

15 inch Road Wheel Trim Rings

70X Driver

Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for 1970 style Mopar trim rings to fit a 15 x 8 Road Wheel. I have looked at every site I know of and can't find ones that fit correctly. I know the 15 inch are not what would have been on a 70, but someone must have the correct style and fit trim ring for the wider 8" wheels.

Pictures and sources are much appreciated!

The WTB is the place to be and you're gonna hear that Mopar never made an 8" Road Wheel... possibly why it's hard to find trim rings to fit. Lots of Rallye wheel rings (that are the same) for 15", but again Mopar didn't do 8" wheels, so whomever s aftermarket wheels you have you would think they'd have rings to fit.

I looked and gave up. The best I could do was to get 7" trim rings and install them on chrome wheels. There is a gap, but with the chrome wheel I think it isn't too noticeable. Decide for yourself if you like it...

Hawk

20170104_210923.jpg

20171028_165609.jpg

Yes, a wanted ad is where you need to start.

Did Chrysler make a 15” road wheel? I always liked the road wheel but don’t like a 14” rim. The 15x8 wheel looks very good on your car.

Did Chrysler make a 15” road wheel? I always liked the road wheel but don’t like a 14” rim. The 15x8 wheel looks very good on your car.

No, they did not. I had 14's on mine, but the tire selection for 14 inch wheels are slim to none for anything wide.

I posted in WTB section for any further information. Thanks!

No, they did not. I had 14's on mine, but the tire selection for 14 inch wheels are slim to none for anything wide.

I posted in WTB section for any further information. Thanks!

Did you have these custom made, or does someone have them in stock already?

You aren't too far from me. Do you ever go to the Pottstown cruises?
Yes, I have been up there a couple of times. My neighbor has a 64 Impala and I think helps arrange some of them, so he has asked me to come. It's a good time!

Auto Transport Service
Back