• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

16 Days garage built

philcollins

Local time
3:04 PM
Reaction score
I've built my dream garage in 14 days, not counting cement fondation. (was sub-conctracted)

25 X 32, 12 feets wall, heated floors

IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1236.JPG
IMG_1240.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_1762.JPG
Last winter picture

I had help from my 2 brothers the first 5 days, we were only 3 workers after. We didn't have any experience im building a garage so i'm very happy with the result

Last edited:
Awesome man, nose to the grind. Just don't let the DIYer's wives club know things can actually be finished quickly, or I'm done for.

Awesome garage! You guys and your garages on here are making me jealous! Just as nice as the cars! Looks great and amazed at how fast you knocked it out. Great work!

Very nice.... and quick!! Looks like your doing a top notch job finishing it in drywall and trim, always easier to get motivated in a nice environment. Wish mine was going together that quick lol.

You have me curious, in the first picture it looks like a 6" poured wall sitting on top of an exposed footer? I thought well he must be in the South... then I see snow and cement block. Is that footer really deep or do you have a secret to building above the frontline without issues?

Very nice.... and quick!! Looks like your doing a top notch job finishing it in drywall and trim, always easier to get motivated in a nice environment. Wish mine was going together that quick lol.

You have me curious, in the first picture it looks like a 6" poured wall sitting on top of an exposed footer? I thought well he must be in the South... then I see snow and cement block. Is that footer really deep or do you have a secret to building above the frontline without issues?
Only about a foot deep.
Frost goes straight down not sideways. That's what told me all the concrete contractor i spoke to. I saw 40 or 50 years old garage built that way and they were holding well so... Also as my floor is heated, frost is not a problem.

frost line??
Around here it's 3-4ft depending on who you ask, it's the depth at which the ground won't freeze and thaw. I've seen many old homes with small basements where a portion of the home is built on the basement and the rest set on shallow stone footings.... the portion on the shallow footing sags away from the rest.

I've built my dream garage in 14 days, not counting cement fondation. (was sub-conctracted)

25 X 32, 12 feets wall, heated floors

Very nice garage, but some time in the future, you're going wish that you made it bigger. It happens to most of us.

Perfect garage, quality job! Heck if you ever lose interest in cars, you can always put in a bar/pool table/ big screen TV and have a mens only social club. Seriously though its beautiful and exactly what id like to have if i ever get off this rock. Best of luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back