• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

17 inch 6 blade or 18 inch 5 blade

Houle #382

Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering which fan blade would move more air the 17 inch 6 blade or the 18 inch 5 blade.

IMO....
18" diameter x 7 blades...
The amount of air moved is in direct proportion to area and pitch angle of the blades therefore 18" diameter x 7 blades at any given RPM will move the most air.
See: www.tonysparts.com/b-body-parts scroll down he offeres the fan and clutch assembly (either torque drive or thermal drive) plus the mounting hardware. Be wary of used fan blade assembly and NEVER one eith bent blades and NEVER try and straighten one with bent blades.
BOB RENTON

IMO....
18" diameter x 7 blades...
The amount of air moved is in direct proportion to area and pitch angle of the blades therefore 18" diameter x 7 blades at any given RPM will move the most air.
See: www.tonysparts.com/b-body-parts scroll down he offeres the fan and clutch assembly (either torque drive or thermal drive) plus the mounting hardware. Be wary of used fan blade assembly and NEVER one eith bent blades and NEVER try and straighten one with bent blades.
BOB RENTON
Thanks, I already have the torque drive and the 5 blade on the car and the 17inch 6 blade. Kinda figured the 18 X 7 would be better. I never buy used for my car only new but sometimes new isn't the greatest if it comes from China. Try to buy only made in the USA if possible.

Thanks, I already have the torque drive and the 5 blade on the car and the 17inch 6 blade. Kinda figured the 18 X 7 would be better. I never buy used for my car only new but sometimes new isn't the greatest if it comes from China. Try to buy only made in the USA if possible.

FYI....IF you are presently using the Mopar Performance 5 blade unit, it only came with a thermal drive clutch (temperature sensing element in the face of the clutch). Tony's offerings for the 18" x 7 blade fan, will fit your existing clutch, but better performance will be with the torque drive unit (as it stay coupled at lower RPM's)
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back