• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

17" rim in the front 15" in rear?

1967coronet440

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has Ran a 17" rim in the front with a 15" in the rear, anyone have pics? My big wilwood brakes in the front require a 17" rim but I can still use a 15 out back. Can anyone share pros and cons? Opinions on just running 17 all the way around. Thanks

Last edited:
I would think that would look funny? Goon had 17s all the way around on his RR and it looked really nice. Staggered 17s and 18s look great too.

I would think that would look funny? Goon had 17s all the way around on his RR and it looked really nice. Staggered 17s and 18s look great too.
Thanks I'll probaly end up going 17 all the way around just wanted to get some opinions and possibly pics, car will be raced often with 700+ hp 440

Wondering if anyone has Ran a 17" rim in the front with a 15" in the rear, anyone have pics? My big wilwood brakes in the front require a 17" rim but I can still use a 15 out back. Can anyone share pros and cons? Opinions on just running 17 all the way around. Thanks

Wouldn't even go there !!

Maybe I'll get a set of 15's to use at the track and run 17's on the street... unless anyone knows where I can get a 28-29" drag radial or slick for a 17" rim I can't seem to find any

It would look gay to me. I had to go to 17 inch magnum knock offs vn501 American racing rims due to my 12.90 inch brakes

Best I could come up with is M/T 315/60-15 ET Street Radial Pro. On a 12" rim should be about 13.5 section width, 30" Tall. Pro version is NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE but talked to Mickey and the tech said it uses the same R2 compound as the ET street S/S and ET Street R, So wear would be about the same, just not much tread depth but my car will never see the rain so I don't care.
296746-2b374994b194dfa2a7a4af1e34797175.jpg

Last edited:
What Wilwood setup do you have? I have Wilwoods all the way around and they fit 15" wheels.

What Wilwood setup do you have? I have Wilwods all the way around and they fit 15" wheels.
In the front I have wilwood p/n 140-10740 12.19" rotor with 6 piston caliper rear is same rotor with 4 piston caliper. Requires 7.15" of clearance. im wondering if I use a .5" spacer in the front if it would work. I only need a c**t hair to clear the caliper

IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0371.JPG IMG_0372.JPG

In those photos im literally .25"or less from being mounted flush on the hub surface

I see you went with the bigger kit. I 'm running the smaller 4 piston calipers. Your looks real nice though....

Best I could come up with is M/T 315/60-15 ET Street Radial Pro. On a 12" rim should be about 13.5 section width, 30" Tall. Pro version is NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE but talked to Mickey and the tech said it uses the same R2 compound as the ET street S/S and ET Street R, So wear would be about the same, just not much tread depth but my car will never see the rain so I don't care.
296746-2b374994b194dfa2a7a4af1e34797175.jpg
Damn that looks good, you have it mini tubbed?

Maybe I'll get a set of 15's to use at the track and run 17's on the street... unless anyone knows where I can get a 28-29" drag radial or slick for a 17" rim I can't seem to find any
That's exactly what I was going to suggest. A nice set of driver rims and a cheaper set of 15"s with slicks. I wouldn't think the 17s would be as good for drag racing?

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. A nice set of driver rims and a cheaper set of 15"s with slicks. I wouldn't think the 17s would be as good for drag racing?
Anyone against running a spacer I the front? I have 3" chromoly wheel studs. Really trying to exhaust all options to use a 15

Anyone against running a spacer I the front? I have 3" chromoly wheel studs. Really trying to exhaust all options to use a 15
Depends on the rims, some rims center themselves on the studs alone which would be fine, others rely on the center hub.

Depends on the rims, some rims center themselves on the studs alone which would be fine, others rely on the center hub.
I'm not a fan of spacers but as long as they're not overly thick I think you'd be alright.

Auto Transport Service
Back