• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

170 lbs compression

gtxrt

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
what do you guys think on a new rebuilt street engine with 170 lbs of cranking compression, to high or low or just about right. runs good with 35-36 total timing. 217-221 on 110 LSA with 107 centerline.

Perfect compression for a street car, should make good power if the rest of the components are properly matched. 440'

Do you know your static compression?

"runs good......"

So......let's go looking for trouble.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

170 what my drag car is. 440ci. Runs between 7.10-20 all day long.

No ping, your golden. mine running 175. but mine pings. installing a new dist to replace the old worn out one. mine advances way too far.

No ping, your golden. mine running 175. but mine pings. installing a new dist to replace the old worn out one. mine advances way too far.
had mine recurved for 12* initial and not all in till 3600 rpms. total 35*-36* it also has 915 heads and has a total of 54 thousand quench with the 44 thousand head gasket and pistons 10 thousand in the hole.

I have speed Pro forged flat tops. Looks like 7 to 10 down the hole. Suppose to be 452 heads with a felpro gasket. I bought a bore scope to see what was inside. I set up my MSD for 12 and 34@3600 also. Going to have my new Isky 292 mega cam and lifters installed at the same time.

I have speed Pro forged flat tops. Looks like 7 to 10 down the hole. Suppose to be 452 heads with a felpro gasket. I bought a bore scope to see what was inside. I set up my MSD for 12 and 34@3600 also. Going to have my new Isky 292 mega cam and lifters installed at the same time.
seem like you have around 10:1 compression. what cam you running now

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back