• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

18 spline 833

68383GTS

Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1970 or later 18 spline 833 trans and was wondering what they really sell for.I see them for sale for $1000.00-$1200.00 are people really getting that much out of them?I have just the tranny and no other parts for it...Should I ask around $850.00 or $1000.00-$1200.00 for it?

- - - Updated - - -

I will post good pics soon......

Last edited:
I got $1200 and $1500 for my completely rebuilt and detailed ones and I thought that was a good deal. Especially a good deal since I selected some really nice synchro hubs and sliders for them. But as is $800-1000 should be a fair price for someone actually looking for one (i.e. not flippers).

- - - Updated - - -

Throwing new bearings and synchros at a manual tranny does not automatically make it "rebuilt".

I agree with meep meep on the pricing. Give the input shaft, the main shaft, the gears inside the tranny a good look over and verify that they are all good and are not going to need to be replaced. If they are all good and the tranny will just need a simple rebuild you should be able to get closer to the $1000 as long as you can find someone that needs it.

Ok it is a crashbox and in good shape was in a racecar then a street car.So what are you thinking on $$$

Auto Transport Service
Back