• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Chrysler C-300 on BAT

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
A great Chrysler “Letter Car” with styling ahead of its time. Other than the wheels, I like it.

1955_chrysler_c-300_IMG_6999-3-99241-scaled.jpg

Looks nice. But not sure how I feel about such a classic Mopar being modified. Hmmm.... At least they didn't chop the top and paint it pink. It's like a very well done street rod. Resto rod is what they used to call stock looking street rods. They are my favorite rods. So, yeah I like it too.

I have always had an idea that I would like to build a 1940's Mopar into a completely stock looking rod, but with the usual upgraded engine, brake, suspension mods, etc. Probably paint it charcoal grey or black. Love to have a 46-48 Dodge coupe or 2 door sedan done that way. But, I find it hard to even finish everything I want to do with my B Bodies. Oh, early morning rambling, time to find more coffee.....

A very good friend of mine recently offered me his 1955 300. ( looked just like this ) for the low $30s price wise
I gave some very serious thoughts to buy it. But last minute decided against it.

He sold the car to a guy up east someplace who is going to restomod it . Its a Shame as it was a very nice unrestored car.

55-300.jpg

There was an article in Mopar Muscle shortly before I bought my stock 1960 300F in 1998. Comparison between a stock letter car, and a highly modified example, which was drag raced. I liked both versions, but it seems a shame to modify a a stock example in good shape. The engineering Chrysler put into these cars was impressive in its own right.

Lou put this up a day ago. A real nice ‘56 300B.

That engine came original with those 300 C's. Nice stout early Hemi Firepower. I f you have never owned a C Body MOPAR, then you are missing a great car although a really large one at that. They initially set a speed record at Daytona in the year before B Model offering...https://www.hemmings.com/stories/first-1955-chrysler-300-mcacn/. Still love all of them but my favorite year was the 66 model year which should have been the "M" but the letters were dropped until the newer 300's came back out...cr8crshr/Bill...Here is the one I owned...pic attached

:usflag::usflag::usflag:

IMGP0003.JPG

Would be a great car, without all the dooded up gm and Ford parts.

The '55 300 is the best looking of the bunch in my mind. The mods they did were minor and added to the drivability of the car.
I am so tired of "original" cars that never see to open road. Unless we start getting these cars out in front of younger kids this hobby will die off.

That engine came original with those 300 C's. Nice stout early Hemi Firepower. I f you have never owned a C Body MOPAR, then you are missing a great car although a really large one at that. They initially set a speed record at Daytona in the year before B Model offering...https://www.hemmings.com/stories/first-1955-chrysler-300-mcacn/. Still love all of them but my favorite year was the 66 model year which should have been the "M" but the letters were dropped until the newer 300's came back out...cr8crshr/Bill...Here is the one I owned...pic attached

:usflag::usflag::usflag:

View attachment 1420640
Bill.
I used to own a 1968 Chrysler 300 vert, black with red interior, Bought it as a project to come.
BUT,,,,Lost it in a field fire several years ago.

There is a part of me that would like to own a 57 or 58 . Or even another 68 if the price was right,

'But i I could hand pick one it would be a black 1961 300 vert. BUT, they are way out of my comfort zone money wise

One of the kids in my tiny high-school had a car for sale. I looked at it, but it needed too much help for me at the time, so I passed.
A 300D convertible. For $400. Top and leather would have been 5 times that. Or maybe ten times.....
Would love to have any Letter car, but it would have to be not-black.

Bill.
I used to own a 1968 Chrysler 300 vert, black with red interior, Bought it as a project to come.
BUT,,,,Lost it in a field fire several years ago.

There is a part of me that would like to own a 57 or 58 . Or even another 68 if the price was right,

'But i I could hand pick one it would be a black 1961 300 vert. BUT, they are way out of my comfort zone money wise
My friend has a super clean California 68 300 hardtop for sale if you want another one.

101.jpg

104.jpg

108.jpg

sort of, not the same

different year too

56 Chrysler 300 Boyd Coddington build.jpg

56 Chrysler 300 Boyd Coddington build rear.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back