• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Simplex Mark 4

vintage chromoly

Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Just finished up this old Kart.
It has 2 West Bend power bee 700 engines on it. (Approximately 7HP per side)

it moves!

1E3B4EB9-C89E-4344-8ACB-71793A1EE581.jpeg

That. Looks like a blast. Very cool.

Love those old 2 stroke karts. I have owned a few. I was getting parts for my snowblower a few years back. I saw a Power Bee sign and we got to talking about old karts and engines. He took me in the way back room and man did he have karts and engines. I could not believe the stuff he had Macs WestBend Homelite and Panthers I was in awe. His dad was a distributor for these brands. He has lots of NOS engines and parts. Was really cool to see all the stuff he had.

That thing got any brakes or just two throttle pedals?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek: Just looking at it now is that bar across the back wheels the brakes? Oh man it looks fun!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
It has duel rear brakes. The rod under the rear axle housing is for the brakes.
There is a small diameter rod behind the rear seat to move both throttles with one rod. I used bike brake cables and fabbed up the throttle assemble.

Friend used to race these type carts years ago.
He used to refer to a "Bee Bomb" engine
Is this a type of 2 stroke engine?

Auto Transport Service
Back