• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962/1963 Windshield washer

wedgie

Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
If anyone has pics of an installed 1963 windshield washer setup, stock or modified, I would appreciate any closeups. It appears that the nozzles must fasten below the cowl? Conversion to electric may or may not be realistic. I am late on the original that Bolson6333 had for sale. His pictures sure do help though.
John

I have a mostly complete washer set, from my '63, minus a nice bag, and no cap for it. PM for details...

think I still have one but haven't unpacked from a swap meet awhile ago. If you don't come up with one i can look but it's going to be awhile as not home presently.

IMG_1236.JPG
IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1264.JPG

1st Pic: Foot pump under dash
2nd Pic: Washer bag hanger on inner fender
3rd Pic: Firewall grommet for pressure to bag
Sorry, I don't have pics of the squirt nozzles in place, but I can dig them out for reference in appearance...

bolson6333 set me up with some of the pieces that I need. Great guy, BTW. Still looking for a washer bag, bracket, passenger side nozzle.​

Can anyone share a picture of a '63 firewall, showing the proper mounting, not only of the WSW hose bracket but also the mounting for the heater control vacuum lines?

Vandan's pictures really help. Obviously my '63 wasn't equipped with windshield washers. Owner's manual tells how to operate "if so equipped". I think that I have the mounting figured for the hose/check valve bracket onto one of the master cylinder backing plate studs (see attached). Vandan shows a hose grommet which I assume I protects the hose from the pedal pump to the three way plastic connector. Does the pedal hose hook into the side and the bottom to the reservoir?
The pedal obviously mounts to the floor after removing the cardboard cutout and any necessary padding, but, originally was it secured with screws/washers/nuts? I'd like to do it right.
Thanks.
BTW, Still need a bag and bracket

washerpedal01.jpg

washerpedal02.jpg

washerpedal03.jpg

The hose connects through the cap. Vacuum in, fluid out, to nozzles. Sorry I don't have a pic of it, mine didn't have the cap with it...

Perfect pictures in your "thread". Thank you. I missed a washer bag on Ebay that was supposedly for a 1963 Dodge. Always late. That's me. It had a third grommet at the bottom and the hose connection was low. I saved the two pictures for reference. Interesting differences.

1963 washer bag01.jpg

1963 washer bag02.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back