• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1962-65 B body Oil Pan stock oem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chignikred

Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Nice early B body big block 426 and 383 oil pan with Pick-up. You need this to convert your 440 into a 62- 65 B body. I know a dozen blog discussions have asked what aftermarket pan 'works'. IF you want real, here it is. I hope future searches on the topic will land here. $250.00

63 BB oil pan.jpg

I have this exact conversion coming up, in the not too distant future. I curious to know, how can I tell for sure that this is THE correct pan. Don't get me wrong, I certainly not saying that you are incorrect, or that I doubt any part of your description. I'm just asking if anyone knows of reliable source of this type of information online or elsewhere where you can find descriptions with hallmarks (preferably pix too) that would show the application of this and other vintage Mopar pans and their applications. 440 Source seems to have 1965 0r 1966 on covered with the numbered pans, and they have info showing that this pan would be a #2465195 or a 2402307. This is purely based on your description. So can anyone say what it is for sure?? Again, not doubting any info, but there are no numbers on a old pan, are there? I personally would not know the difference if you said it was a #2268459, 2463448, 1944694, 1737768, 2206455, or a 2532401. Looking forward to an education on the subject. BTW, this kind of info on valve covers would be golden as well. Thx, Lefty

After pouring over the pix and paperwork on OEM parts I've accumulated over the years, scrutinizing pix on the net and speaking with the owner of this pan, my best guess is this particular pan would be a part #2268459, or a street wedge pan #2465195. It is definitely not a #2402307 Maxie pan (which the owner kindly pointed out). It, and some of the super early pans are very rounded across the front which you can spot easily. A similar pan #2206455 would be used in a "B" engine application without the bulges for the longer stroke. I think this clears up some of the application confusion in my own mind, and by the way, definitely agrees that this is the pan you would want for a 62-65 B body RB swap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back