• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1962 Dodge Dart Series 440 2 Dr Hrdtp $18,500 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

any1one

Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Shipping: from Buffalo, NY., 14223 (sorry, you need to arrange shipping)Price: $18,500 obo
Payment: bank certified check, prefer cash..daily summer driver, family expanded, need $$ for much larger house..NYS inspection to Aug 2021..odometer 06252..car seen at many local car shows, currently stored heated garage, everything works great..

crate 383, .030 over, less than 5000 miles, Edlbrck 650 AFB, engine purchased rebuilt pan up from Pasadena Speedshop, Inc., Calif...Dougs headers, 2 1/2 from collector to tail, Magna mufflers..New Champion 3 core aluminum radiator..new Mcleod 11" clutch..Mopar A833 4 speed rebuilt; Hurst long rod shifter..Mopar mini-starter..Mopar electronic ignition..driveshaft rebuilt by Fleetpride, buffalo ny (slip yoke)..new Strange 3:23 gears in 8 3/4 diff, new seals and bearings, 10 1/2" shoes..factory installed Super Stock 7 leaf rear springs..72 Duster front suspension, FEI upper, 10" disc brakes; new all around 15" tires on 15" on refurbished (blasted and painted) Mopar police wheels w/ police dog dishes..power steering..new dual port brake master cyl (non-power brakes)..frame rails tied in, overall really clean underneath..new red interior with new carpet..glass all around near perfect, windshield glass only slightly cob webs ..silver stock body, straight, never hit, slight body repairs done with green fiber-filled glass, around lower quarters and rockers, repairs in primer and temp. lacquer, needs top coat, hood flat white ready for top coat..also includes too many spare parts to list, examples: spare tire on 15" Mopar 5 lug wheel, stock bumper jack, 7 blade fan, perfect 1962 Dart grill, great 1962 Dart dash cluster with switches and guages, stock 15" Mopar 5 lug wheels, original 22" radiator that will fit any 62-65 Mopar B-body (probably need recoring), etc..

001.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG

Last edited:
Are the bumpers steel or fiberglass. I noticed they are not chrome. How extensive is the repair on the rear quarters? Is the car all lacquer? Looks pretty good.

hey Rev..bumpers are originals, steel, painted not fiberglass (yikes!! have you recently priced getting bumpers chromed??unbelievable..) the car is silver , not gray..from the looks of it, door jams and all, paint looks original with original Mopar undercoating, overall in all in pretty good shape..the dark gray you see is the lacquer i sprayed over the sealant primer i sprayed over the green short fiber Dupont filler applied towards the fall..there were 2 small rust spots drivers side just behind the lower portion of the quarter/wheelwells cut out (one 1" x 2" rectangular and the other about 1" x 1"); welded in 20 guage sheet and green glassed over..came out pretty good..the pass side had similar in same place about 1" x 2" rectangular..got close to getting cold here so after about 3 days, when the fiber was good and hard, i sealed with the primer and then the gray lacquer..

Last edited:
under the drivers side rear quarter window way at the bottom, the panel broke away from the very bottom of the seam..cut up about 2" and over about 12" replaced with 20 guage, green short fiber filler, primer, gray lacquer etc..weather breaking, going to bring it out of the heated garage and take better pics this w/e with close-ups of where body has been patched..(other than that drivers side below the window, all the spots were rather minor..) going to jack it up and get better pics underneath..

Last edited:
sounds as if all the rust issues have been addressed and are awaiting finish work. I love the car though. I am NO BODY guy, so any undercarriage rust (floors, trunk, and firewall) would stymie me for sure. YES, chrome is terribly expensive. Our chrome facility in Knoxville is gone thanks to EPA restrictions during the "O" years. Should I purchase this ride I would remove the engine and four speed as it will see duty as a Nostalgia Super Stocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back