• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1962 Dodge Dart taillights - needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigy

Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
I tried to get these re dipped, when they heated them up, they melted my existing...
I am needing the upper set of bezels....

dart.jpg dart1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

maybe try & post an add in the WTB section Mopar Market Place

good luck with your search

Can you post up a pic of what you need ? I had a friend trade me some early 60's taillight parts last week for some old engine parts.He thought that the 62 Dart ones were the same as his 62 Dart wagon but he said they were too big. They are complete with lenses I believe, but the pot metal housings would need refinished . Had the bezels re-chromed before he realized they were wrong for the wagon.

Can you post up a pic of what you need ? I had a friend trade me some early 60's taillight parts last week for some old engine parts.He thought that the 62 Dart ones were the same as his 62 Dart wagon but he said they were too big. They are complete with lenses I believe, but the pot metal housings would need refinished . Had the bezels re-chromed before he realized they were wrong for the wagon.
Yes, the wagon ones look the same but they are smaller.

I just added a pic to my original posting..

Welcome!

Wow Craigy, I wouldn't use that plater again.

I've been looking for a good top left bensil for about six years now. They pop up on ebay now and then, some good, most are really pitted. I'll get outbid on the good ones. When I see a seller with other '62 parts, I always contact them and ask about the bensils. Let me know if you find any extras, I'll do the same for you.

You have a nice looking '62 there! What engine are you running? Maybe you could post some more pictures and tell us your story. Here's a good thread to add your car to...
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/62-only.140394/

Last edited:
Did you see my pictures of what I'm looking for ? Thanks for your help...

Craigy, I only looked at those parts long enough to transfer from truck to truck to store at my brothers place. From the brief handling they did apear to be what you need. Just got home from working on my B and saw your post, so I should be able to get some pictures of those parts tomorrow for you.

Wasn't able to get over to my brothers today but he did send me some pics. Hopefully these are good enough to see if these parts are the ones you would be interested in. I will make the time to go look them over myself in the morning tomorrow, if you want some difference pics or close ups.

IMG951021.jpg IMG951020.jpg IMG951023.jpg IMG951022.jpg IMG951025.jpg IMG951024.jpg IMG951027.jpg IMG951026.jpg

Craigy, I only looked at those parts long enough to transfer from truck to truck to store at my brothers place. From the brief handling they did apear to be what you need. Just got home from working on my B and saw your post, so I should be able to get some pictures of those parts tomorrow for you.
Thanks, appreciate it

If you're in the market for something that doesn't need plated, I do have a set of nice bezels with the trunk piece that goes with each side. They have been plated by Custom Chrome in Grafton, Ohio. Great people and work.
20171224_130609.jpg

If you're in the market for something that doesn't need plated, I do have a set of nice bezels with the trunk piece that goes with each side. They have been plated by Custom Chrome in Grafton, Ohio. Great people and work.View attachment 552596
The little piece is for the trunk lid, is there another smaller piece that goes on the end of the bensil ?in summary, each side is 3 pieces ? Price ?

Just the two pieces per side. Honestly I'm a 1970 only guy and not real familiar with these earlier parts as far as prices. I don't buy parts to resell on this site or others. I do know a good plater on pot metal doesn't do stuff cheap, so the plating cost per side could be 125$ easily I bet. If your only interested in the plated parts, I feel they should be worth 300 $. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
Dennis

Just the two pieces per side. Honestly I'm a 1970 only guy and not real familiar with these earlier parts as far as prices. I don't buy parts to resell on this site or others. I do know a good plater on pot metal doesn't do stuff cheap, so the plating cost per side could be 125$ easily I bet. If your only interested in the plated parts, I feel they should be worth 300 $. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
Dennis
On the main bensil piece, the circle with the tail on it, is there about a 2-3" piece attached to it. Similiar in size to the little piece that gets attached to the trunk lid ?

That stub that sticks out is not that long. Hopefully this pic shows what you need.
20171226_192338.jpg
20171226_192319.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back