• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Headliner plastic ribs

Jackpot50

Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make the headliner retainer plastic ribs for the perforated cardboard headlines in 62 Polara and 440's

No unfortunately no one is making them.I was able to find some old ones that weren't in bad condition.which is what you should look for.
There is a guy selling similar strips ( they won't work,I brought one ) on ebay ,but he is the notorious "mopar mel" (a web search is in order here) ...buyer beware
I'm actually looking for the bedford cord material myself.....
good luck.

Bedford cord? Never heard this reference. What's it for/where does it go?

Jackpot50 How many of the retainers do you need. I may have a few that are presentable. PM me.

I'll have to deal with this issue at some point, unless I can convert to a regular headliner.
My car came with the hardboard, but a po put up what looks like a headliner made from a bed sheet, removed the dome light too.

I found the plastic chrome ribs in the trunk, didn't know what they were, almost threw them out.

They're brittle, and I think a few breaks on some of the ends.

If these pieces are hard to find, not reproduced, and old and brittle, I'm curious too, what are the final solutions that you guys are ending up with?

Hi!

Did you ever reuse what plastic headliner ribs you have? Any other solution?

Fortunately mine were like new !!

Picture 157.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back