• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Plymouth Savoy Door Panels photos

John Keyburn

Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
For informational purposes, below are a few photos of the original door panels before sending them out to SMS Auto Fabrics for restoration/recovering. I believe its all new material except for the metal tops

These panels were born Sept 25th 1962 with a stamp reading Allen IND. Herrin (?)
Does anyone have any more info on that bit of information?
IMG_0249.JPEG
IMG_0251.JPEG
IMG_0254.JPEG
IMG_0259.JPEG
IMG_0264.JPEG
IMG_0266.JPEG

GREETINGS, just saw your post.......where is SMS auto fabrics located? What did they quote you for the resto? My 62 dodge ones need some TLC. Thanks !

These panels were born Sept 25th 1962 with a stamp reading Allen IND. Herrin (?)
Does anyone have any more info on that bit of information?
My guess is just the maker of the cardboard backing.
My 62 Dart tail light buckets have stamps as well, just the maker of the galvanized metal before it is pressed into shape.

I hear SMS is great, but can take a very long time.
I was lucky, found a retired upholstery guy, craftsman really, and had them back in 2 weeks.

The Screws in the tops of the panels is actually stock!? I was sooo mad i thought the guys that did the car before me has screwed them in there! wow... this makes me really happy to see :)

Auto Transport Service
Back