• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1962 Savoy Pro Street For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Well, the time has come and I've decided to part ways with my hot rod. This car has been a riot to cruise around with and take to shows and local cruise ins. It's unique looks and awsome power plant draws a crowd everywhere it goes. It will get anyone's adrenelin boiling with just a tap of the throttle.
This car is for those looking for some "in your face" detroit muscle in an "unusual" package. Not something you see everyday on the street or at the car shows - or even drag strips. If you are tired of the Chevelles, Camaros and Mustangs and love Mopars - especially one that will eat just about anything else on the road, this is your ticket!
This car started out as a rock sold, rust free sedan and is built with nothing but the best components. You really need to contact me for pictures and details if you are really interested since I am quite limited on what I can post here. The car has won awards this year at several car shows including best B modified at the Farmington Mopar show and was also selected car of the month for January on the 62-65' Mopar Web Site. She gets thumbs up and draws attention everywhere it goes - even more so when the motor is running!! The car is currently being driven on the street to local cruise ins and shows - but could also be a realy nice 10 second drag car if you wanted - or both. The motor is a stock stroke high strung 440 that puts out near 700 hp at about 7400 rpm !! The motor alone has about $15K invested in it with only the best components throughout (see build details below) . Mated to a Turbo Action 727 TorqFlyte with manual valve body and Cheater Shifter, The power runs to a Dana 60 rear end with 4:56 gears. The car has an 8 point roll cage and sub frame connectors to keep it straight and safe and the rearend is shortened and tubbed. All of the components on this car are near new and the car looks great.
The interior was replaced last year with all new seat covers, door panels and carpet. Paint is a couple years old and has a couple small flaws but looks great. I have a ton of pictures of this car inside, outside, under and over - for the asking.

Here is a listing of the drivetrain components:

- Block bored 0.030" over, deck shaved and squared, rotating assembly is fully balanced -- stock stroke length
- Manley H beam connecting rods -- Cleveite CB527PSTD rod bearings.
- Forged aluminum Wiseco pistons PN K 373A3 -- 12.5:1 compression (runs on pump gas!!!!)
- T&D 1.6 ratio roller rocker assemblies PN TD8210 --
- CV Products (GM style pn CV9600) push rods 9.600" length
- Lunati solid roller tappet cam -- PN#53714LUN -- 314 / 322 duration (278 / 286 @ 0.05") 106 lobe separation:
.636/.636 lift ( total lift of .674" at 1.6 ratio )
- Durobond Racing Cam bearings -- pn PDP17
- Comp Cams thrust bushing -- pn CC202
- Felpro Head Gaskets -- 0.40" pn 1009
- Competition Cam solid roller lifters -- PN #829-16
- Valve Spring Ti Retainers -- pn PBM2660
- Manley double valve springs - installed pressure 260 lbs@ 1.96" open height / open pressure 660 lbs
- Indy 440-1 4150 style high rise intake manifold -- gasket matched / polished ports.
- Indy 440-1 heads with full Indy CNC port job on intake, chambers and exhaust ports
- Cloyes double roller timing chain set PN 9-3125.
- 440 Source Fabricated aluminum timing cover pn 200-1089
- 440 Source billet aluminum timing pointer pn 200-1073
- ARP polished SS bolts pn 129-1012
- Felpro timing cover gasket pn 2460
- ATI Super Damper -- harmonic balancer
- 440 Source -- billet aluminum crank under drive pulley pn 200-1103 with polished SS bolts pn 109-1517
- Meziere water pump -- Model WP 106S -- 35 gpm
- Billet Specialties aluminum water neck and hose clamps
- Milodon center sump, single external pickup 7 qt oil pan pn# 30931 -- static pickup
- Felpro oil; pan gaskets -- pn FEL1808 - (8/09 rebuild)
- Milodon Windage tray -- pn # 32000
- Milodon External dual feed Oil pump-- PN # 21815 (19-21 GPM min.) with bronze gear drive
- Milodon SS oil Dip Stick
- MSD Pro Billet (pn # 8546) distributor and cap
- MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor wires
- MSD Multiple Spark Discharge -- Model 6AL PN#6420 serial # 488853
- MSD 3 Step Module Selector -- PN# 8737
- MSD Lightening Coil
- KMJ Fabricated aluminum valve covers pn 3309 -- 3.5" tall ¼" rail
- ARP black oxidized stud kit pn 129-1011
- Moroso crankcase vacuum evacuation system -- into header collectors
- Custom 2 1/8 to 2 1/4" headers into 5" collectors and on into 3" exhaust galvanized tubes
- Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 mufflers -- pn # 943053
- Holley fuel pump HP - 150 gph
- Holley fuel pressure regulator
- Summit Full Flow 130 gph 40 micron blue billet fuel filter with Earl 85 micron prefilter
- Holley HP 4150 -- 950 cfm carburetor PN 80496-1 mechanical secondary's - 1.376" Venturi; 1.750" throttle bore; 30 cc
accelerator pumps -- 78 jets - 2.5 power valves front and rear. K&N 14" air cleaner
- Griffin aluminum radiator

Transmission Details:

- Turbo Action Torqueflite Pro Street 727 3 spd. with manual valve body -- part # E05053 with 7543 on bell housing. 2nd gear servo upgrade.
24 spline shaft 9 1/2" OD Turbo Action converter pn 17509J, 4500 rpm stall rating
- Turbo Action -- Cheetah SCS shifter (part # 70001B)
- Line lock

Rear End :

- Shortened axle Dana 60 with spool-41 teeth ring and 9 teeth pinion -- 4:56 ratio 0D257AR stamped on face of
flange C39230 cast on housing -- also 87 252
- Strange aftermarket shortened axles and new drive shaft.

Suspension :

- Sub frame connected by rectangular tube stock.
- Rear Springs relocated in 3" with front weld in adaptor that has two height adjustments.
- Drive shaft loop welded to sub frame connectors.
- Leaf spring clamps 3 leaf and 4 leaf on front -- 2 leaf on rear).
- Front suspension is stock rebuilt with new ball joints, bumpers. New idler arm installed
- Roll bar 1 5/8" OD -- 8 point
- Shocks - Front - QA1 R Series adjustable # 651037
- Back - Rancho 99114 series adjustable
- Drum Brakes - stock front drums, Strange rear drums - all new parts

There are many other new parts that make up this really cool car. The car body is rock solid with no rust and is mostly original with its original trim and new bumpers.
The car sits on American Racing Torq Thrust Ds right now with 325/50-15 Mickey Thompson Street E/Ts on the rear and M/T Sportsman S/Rs up front. I also have available a new set of Hoosier 28x14.50 Quick Time Pro DOT slicks and M/T Sportsman fronts on Weld wheels for this car if you want for an extra $1000 - or swap them out with the current ones. Way too much to list here guys. If you are interested lets talk and swap pictures and details!!! This is one sweet ride!!!!
Asking $29,999
SDC11045-1.gif

SDC11136.jpg

SDC11197.jpg

SDC10991.jpg

SDC11125.jpg

Right above the first picture - $29,999

BTT - no one interested in a really neat hot rod? This car is wicked fast and a real attention getter at shows. Ready to go.

I'm sure there are a lot of folks intrested including myself that is one fine lookin car and probly worth every penny but not everyone has 30k laying around for something that looks better'n any E ticket ride at disney,good luck with the sale very nice car.

Thanks. Yea, I know times are tough for most people these days. Still hoping that someone out there is still working and has a burning desire for something like this..

No interest at all ....... hummm! Guess I'll have to drop back and punt here..

Very Nice car! If it had a cross ram on it, it would be worth close to $29K.

Times indeed are tough, in more ways than one. Most young men don't have a clue what this car is and they want a battery car to impress the airhead chicks. It is going to be like this for a while. Maybe a generation will pass before these cars will again be wanted.

I am dropping the price to $28,500. Since I first put this up the car took 1st place in B body modified - and Best of Show at the Rockingham Mopar show. It also took 1st place in Pro Street and Best of Show Paint at a show in SC a couple weeks later.

Hey, I'm pulling for you man!!! I hope you are buying lots of lottery tickets? Unfortunately I can't get down that low. Just way too much money tied up in this thing - plus I really think it's a pretty unique car... One of those cars that will take a special person (with money) to buy I'm sure.
Not sure where in WV you are but if you get down to the Mopar Show in Farmington this spring I'll likely have it there it I don't sell sooner.

I think a lot of guys like the car, just can't do the price. Times are bad. Just thank God you are not sitting on a $90K custom Willys that you really need to sell. Not gonna happen, not in this decade.
Another problem, young guys don't like this car. They want a "green" battery that will impress the idiot chicks. It's a shame, really. Times have changed and these old cars may have to go into hibernation for a generation until they are discovered again.

P.S.
Post your phone number or send it to me on PM. Just in case.

Never mind, I found it.

Not to belabor the point, but I read your description again and this is one of the nicest 62's I have seen. Good job.

Thanks. The cross ram might make it look cool but won't give it any edge on performance or starting. These big single plane intakes far outflow the old crossram. With a few pumps of the throttle this one fires right off - albeit, it does not like cold weather (no choke).
The beauty in this is car and $28,500 asking price is that all that extra money can be used on a new intake and carbs if you want :)

She's beautiful man. If I tripped and landed in 30K tomorrow I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. And to everyone saying young kids aren't into cars like this I have to disagree. I'm 22 and I personaly love early 60s Dodges and Plymouths, and I know a few guys my age who would agree. We're out there. Admittedly not many of us but we're out there. I dream of owning one of my own Mopars every day.

She's beautiful man. If I tripped and landed in 30K tomorrow I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. And to everyone saying young kids aren't into cars like this I have to disagree. I'm 22 and I personaly love early 60s Dodges and Plymouths, and I know a few guys my age who would agree. We're out there. Admittedly not many of us but we're out there. I dream of owning one of my own Mopars every day.

I appreciate the good words! Stay the course and you'll be in a nice Mopar one day. Schooling - and hard work are what it takes to get the "disposable" income to buy these toys with. Forget the redneck retirement plan. Only foreigners in NYC win those things!
Glad to see some young folks that like these old cars. Actually I have met quite a few over the years, too. Every time I have the 62' out it draws a lot of attention from the younger crowd. Most don't know what it is at first but they all appreciate a nice old car and a wicked Detroit motor!! :santa:

I had a friend sell a 67 coronet his ad was well done lots of lookers & questions. ! But the kicker was i convinced him to do a video of it running & driving it .! It sold two weeks later all i am saying is it was a great help in selling it.

Oh yes nice car sweet ride if i didn't have my 66 satellite this would be a clear choice love the older cars more .!

The Bad News: As near as I can tell, right now I am the only guy on the East Coast with a real $20K that his wife will actually let him spend on a car.

That may be true. I don't even have $20k, until this one sells. In a few months the big east coast shows will start. Myrtle Beach, Charlotte Auto Fair and then the Mopar shows. Last year I took it to get trophies. This year we'll put a for sale sign in it.. :)

Where, exactly do you go, to the car shows? Give me the names of the shows and locations and I will google to find out when. I am in WV and I go up to the shows in Carlisle, PA and they are a real disappointment because it is all vendors selling parts and very few cars. I know there are good shows down south, but don't know where. Also great shows up in MI, OH and etc and I don't know where. I do go to the Good Guys in Bowling Green, KY and that is great. If I can't see the cars, I can't buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back