• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 WW1 Polar White

Best thing to do is check with your local auto paint supplier. Looking up my UU1 paint code on my '62 it was obvious the formula was long gone. Over the years these formulas get discontinued for the lack of demand. They even had it in a lacquer but couldn't convert it into a enamel. You can try different manufacturers to see if the formula is still in their system but the chances are slim.

What I ended up doing was taking my hood into their store, (the insulation was still intact under it and it blocked any light from fading it), and they used their camera on it to find something similar. It ended up being a '90s Ford color that really matched well.

You will also find that Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Desoto can have the same paint formula for four different code numbers and names and they are all the same color. So if you don't find it under one code you might find it under another.

I have been using TCP Global acrylic urethane, from the old PPG codes. They recently changed their website and it now sucks. Does not work most of the time, and I will not spend half a day tryng to get a real person on the phone> I live 3 hours from the nearest auto paint store. I think the Mopar white back in the mid 60's and into the 70's was a very bright white, I am also trying to decide if I wanted a cream white. The car is originally a black car but I will not go back with that out here in the country. Too much dust.

I have been using TCP Global acrylic urethane, from the old PPG codes. They recently changed their website and it now sucks. Does not work most of the time, and I will not spend half a day tryng to get a real person on the phone> I live 3 hours from the nearest auto paint store. I think the Mopar white back in the mid 60's and into the 70's was a very bright white, I am also trying to decide if I wanted a cream white. The car is originally a black car but I will not go back with that out here in the country. Too much dust.

I've had a couple of black vehicles, one was a '64 Polara 500. Five minutes after you wash it's dirty again. But they do look sharp when they're clean.

Not worrying about keeping it a correct color, I'd just pick a white that you like. There are thousands of white colors. Maybe look at some of the newer cars so it would be easier to get the paint. There are lots of paint charts that might help you compare what you want.

Good luck.

Check out Paintref.com . They will give you paint names ,codes for different manufactures and what years are the same and what colors are same same formula but called different names.

I have been using TCP Global out f Ca,for paint needs for 6-7 years. They changed their computer thing and it is a bitch to find any colors anymore, etc and hard to ever get a real person n the phone to order anything, They have old PPG formulers. Good products and better prices than the local (100 mi trip) to town to the PPG store.

Fooling around online today.

Polar White...
https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?comm=Polar white&make=Dodge&rows=50

Spinnaker White...
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?color=Spinnaker White

Polar White...
1963-dodge-330-polar-white-cross-ram-push-button-car-1.jpg.cf.jpg

Spinnaker White...
volare1-e1532124668871-630x390.jpg

You can click on "images" to see examples.
20190922_114113.jpg

Another thing I wonder about is my 76 Volare RR is Spitfire Orange. I wonder if this is same shade as same other Oranges, like a Chev orange or street hemi orange?? Probably no way to know.

Another thing I wonder about is my 76 Volare RR is Spitfire Orange. I wonder if this is same shade as same other Oranges, like a Chev orange or street hemi orange?? Probably no way to know.
Spifire orange only comes back for Dodge,Chrysler ,Plymouth 1976-1979 and 1983 Fleet "Orange". Paintref.com has all that info ,just click on the color code your'e looking up and it will cross reference it for you.

Spinnaker White isn't white, it is a creamy beige color. Looks like old canvas. That is why it is called Spinnaker.

Auto Transport Service
Back