• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Fury voltage regulator location

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
So the projects continue alternator not charging, at some point prior to us the alternator was changed to a single wire and electronic ignition added. Am I correct in assuming the original voltage regulator is where the ignition box is today. We are planning to go back to a 3 wire alternator. Thoughts and input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Stephen

Voltage reg location.jpg

Correct, that is where the voltage regulator goes.
Do yourself a favour unplug the wiring harness from the bulkhead connection point, look at the terminal ends and make sure they are clean no corrosion or sign of melting.. Buy some electric contact cleaner douse connections and get some dielectric grease and put that on terminal ends. More problems start in this area due to excessive load draw. If your engine harness is suspect but a repo one.. it will save your sanity.

Thanks, I don't want to make any unnecessary holes if I don't have to.

Make sure you have it grounded good. Also make sure you have proper ballast for your points. sometimes after market ignition do not require ballast and guys will gut them n put a jumper wire inside to get full voltage.

just went through this with my 63. Ended up doing a new Engine harness. Newer style voltage regulator and alternator. Got the harness from Evans Wiring in PA. It was PERFECT!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back