• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 plymouth fury complete A/C unit on 318 engine

hughes

Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a chance to buy a 63 plymouth in which I need some of the parts on it . It has a complete A/C unit from comp. to vents. Person I can get the car from says the A/C worked good when parked. It looks to be in good shape and the comp. is not locked up and the hoses and condenser, all look to be in good shape. I would like to recoop some of my money by selling the A/C complete unit. How much is this complete unit worth brackets bolts and all, any thing to do with A/C? Thanks have a nice day! Lee

Most of the stuff is being reproduced. The evap box is not but there is one here for sale for I believe $200. The box you have if taken out would need to be completely rebuilt if someone wanted to spend the time and money doing that. Nobody in their right mind would buy a 50 year old system and install it without replacing all the seals etc. because of the difficulty in installation. The brackets are easier to sell but your not gonna get rich. I don’t know what all thats stuff might be worth but I could guess between $300 to $400 ? Just a guess let see what other replies you get....

Thanks , you are right I would not install it with out new gaskets and seals. The condenser, compressor, and hoses are easy to get to so I would probably try those pieces after checking them on the bench. The hoses really look nice but who knows. The system does have a charge in it. I would defenatly put new evap and heater core. It also has the switches and other items in dash vents etc. Thanks for the reply. Lee

The flexible ducts - the fresh air, the connections to the outlets., etc. They are important pieces to have, and hard to find in good shape. Maybe different, but worth saving.

Auto Transport Service
Back