• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Super Stock Max Wedge....

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Thought this was a cool video and thought i'd post it. The car runs in the 10s and sounds really badass considering you hear the fuel pump the majority of the time. Oh Al (@HEMI-ITIS)....

Amen. In fact. Im frowning on all of today's "Boosted" power builds. God gave us 12 psi of atmospheric pressure. Everything else is cheating. (Turbos, Supercharger, Nitrous.) JMO of course. And keep in mind? I'm wrong close to 50% of the time?

That make me a cheater:lol:

14425464_1114470785297203_6238867391566985267_o.jpg 14468200_10211165194314350_6110223578183503016_o.jpg

I should also add that my current E-body build has a biased theme. "I dont need any power adder to beat you?" 1200 HP pump gas N/A. That's the theme. What could go wrong? (Besides "ALOT")

ZomboDroid 27072020230012.jpg

I like the "power on demand" feature that the Joe Dirt Juice Box (nitrous) affords me. 9.xx comin' right up!

1209201646.jpg

Lack of $$$ does take away drive. Time to work on little things, this I hope encourages you to do some on the car. A very interesting power plant would like to see more pictures. is there a thread?

Now to get my lazy *** in the garage!!!

Lack of $$$ does take away drive. Time to work on little things, this I hope encourages you to do some on the car. A very interesting power plant would like to see more pictures. is there a thread?

Now to get my lazy *** in the garage!!!
A lot of pics are on my older phone that suffered a terrible toilet related accident! I will post more that I have on laptop. The quick version is that Joe Schubeck made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. He then had a shop out of Vegas. But what I learned was Joe is particular. When I got down there. The engine was apart. Knowing I was going to be there s few days, he took it apart so I could reassemble. He did that so I understood how his engine operates. And how the Big Stuff engine management system works. Its based off the Vette LS1. However, the bottom half is based off Hemi. (8-bolt hole crank drilled for hemi flywheel as an example.) The engine can accomindate both Chevy or Mopar bellowhousing bolt pattern. (Sorry Ford)

Please excuse poor quality. I was taking pics as assembling. As you can see, pistons have significant valve clearance. As well as a little below deck. This was to bleed off compression. To get it to about 10.1:1. The cams are relatively small. But of course there are 4. That are not under near the stress of a conventional 2 valve single cam engine. (2) 1.9" intake valves. (2) 1.5" exhaust. Heads push about 600 CFM of air. Which is average by today's standards. Lol.

Cams.jpg Backside head.jpg piston.jpg

Last edited:
This is the mockup we used. It is a 3rd 904 block. But with smaller heads. Bolt pattern same. But centerlines off. Thus worked well for a mock engine. What is ironic is that Schubeck racing's primary products were high-end lifters for racing applications. Then makes engines that have no lifters?

904 Mockup.jpg

Last edited:
The only other Schubeck 904 is in this 32 roadster. Very polished. And very nonperformance setup. Convertible with no cage. Thus no runs for this guy down a track. My Cuda build is not for show. And I want to see the look on the Brainerd, MN drag race track tech crews faces when they inspect this? (They are arrogant.) I will be dumb as hell to them. (I dont know how much power? We just threw it in to see what it can do?)

Front roadster.jpg engineside roadster.jpg side roadster.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for more pictures, impressive. Does the guy with the roadster drive it at all? Can see no strip time but I couldn't resist a controlled pass. Hope to see more pictures in the future, cut off the kids (if U have'm) milk money.:D

My problem today? Is transmission. I have a JB Ultrabell glide with a GW overdrive. The trans can easily handle the power and torque. But the problem is heat. This is a Pro Street build. And these trans heat up bigtime. (Designed more for top alcohol.) This motor thumps 1000+ ft/lbs torque easily. All day long. It's the drivetrain that will take the beating. Lenco would be the top choice. But dont want to deal with all those damn levers. I have spoke with Liberty, G-force and Passon. Im SOL so far. "CANT I HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO?" (Note: This is not pics of my trans. This is of an identical trans. Mine is still in crate with dummy glide on engine.)

trans side.jpg trans converter.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for more pictures, impressive. Does the guy with the roadster drive it at all? Can see no strip time but I couldn't resist a controlled pass. Hope to see more pictures in the future, cut off the kids (if U have'm) milk money.:D
Just putts around from show to show last I heard. The car builder died last year. Joe bought the car back from his friends estate. Not sure what Joe's plans are with car. But im guessing more of the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back