• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1964 Canadian built polara half horn ring part number 2204104 if any one can help please let me know, best regards from New Hamburg Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE HAWK

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
good day from New Hamburg Ontario Canada, home of Moparfest. I am restoring a 1964 Dodge Polara Coupe, built in Windsor Ontario. need a new half horn ring part number 2204104 if any one can help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks

You're sure it's a Polara, not a 330 or 440?
My Canadian polara came with a full horn ring, thought that was standard on Polaras.

Talk to Dale Flatla flatla autowreckers. Tilly Alberta. He may have something

Or you could start with national moparts. Local.

I have one, with the horn button. PM me.

Like this??

64 D hornring (1).jpg

That's interesting. I just Googled around and came up with this. Not sure if it applies to our cars
Screenshot_20221206-151622_Chrome.jpg

I had the one off of my 64 Plymouth Fury listed for sale last year. Is it the same as the Polara?
DSC01341.JPG

Hi Mike; Here is a picture of the one I have with slight pits. Driver quality, I would say.

I actually have 3 horn rings off 3 different 1964 Polara's. The one pictured is from a Windsor-built Polara. I have another from a U.S. Polara that looks somewhat like Post # 10, but is full ring, instead of half. The third one is from my 1964 Polara, and it and the steering wheel it was removed from looks like U.S. 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury pieces. Instead of usual "Plymouth" in face bar, mine says "Dodge". My Windsor-built car was factory equipped with rare Canadian only "Sport Package", and this wheel may have been part of that package, along with bucket seats and console. My car is NOT a Polara 500,though.

PC060274.JPG

PC060275.JPG

1964 red Dodge interior.jpg

Hi Mike; Here is a picture of the one I have with slight pits. Driver quality, I would say.

I actually have 3 horn rings off 3 different 1964 Polara's. The one pictured is from a Windsor-built Polara. I have another from a U.S. Polara that looks somewhat like Post # 10, but is full ring, instead of half. The third one is from my 1964 Polara, and it and the steering wheel it was removed from looks like U.S. 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury pieces. Instead of usual "Plymouth" in face bar, mine says "Dodge". My Windsor-built car was factory equipped with rare Canadian only "Sport Package", and this wheel may have been part of that package, along with bucket seats and console. My car is NOT a Polara 500,though.

View attachment 1383766

View attachment 1383767

View attachment 1383768
Dave your car and my car, and Dad's Sport pkg car all have the same wheel.
It's my belief that canadian Polara's came with the full ring and Dodge spelled out

The half horn ring that I have available came out of a Windsor-built Polara 4-door parts car I had. The fellow that wants it is working on a Polara 2-door hardtop that has a broken ring. I talked to him last night on the phone to confirm that this is what he needed. There must have been an option on steering wheels on Polara's. I also had a U.S. 4-door hardtop as a parts car, and it was way different than the Canadian cars. It had a much richer looking interior, with all vinyl seats with a fold down front seat arm rest. The door cards were much more ornate, and all the interior window garnish moldings were chrome. This car also had tinted glass all around. I moved much of this fancier stuff into my Canadian car.

My '64 x 440 has a 50th Anniversary of Dodge wheel center... which matches the sales brochure pictures for 1964
1964dodgepolara 049.JPG

This is my 64 Plymouth Fury. I believe the Dodge and Plymouth used the same horn ring with different center caps. The picture I posted in #10 on this thread is the old ring I took off because the chrome had peeled.
DSC00870.JPG

good day from New Hamburg Ontario Canada, home of Moparfest. I am restoring a 1964 Dodge Polara Coupe, built in Windsor Ontario. need a new half horn ring part number 2204104 if any one can help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Did you still need this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back