• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge 330/440/500 roof line difference

HorryMorry

Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
Ok gent's I've been pondering this for some time: When I am looking up picture examples of my car, a 1964 Dodge 440 two door hard top, I see two main differences in the roof lines. Can any of you tell me what the option or trim difference is between my car:

I circled the area I'm talking about.

64mine.jpg

And the others I see out there:
dodge-polara-500-01.jpg

Thanks in advance, I really want to know as much as I can and got stumped on this one.

330 and 440 models, both two door sedans and four door sedans, plus the four door polara, had the thick C pillar like your first photo. 330 had painted side window frames and 440 had stainless trim. The polara 500 had that trimmed back C pillar and the bubble rear glass like in your second photo. As fas as I know that only way you got that roof line was to order the polara 500 hardtop.

roof line

Ok gent's I've been pondering this for some time: When I am looking up picture examples of my car, a 1964 Dodge 440 two door hard top, I see two main differences in the roof lines. Can any of you tell me what the option or trim difference is between my car:

I circled the area I'm talking about.

View attachment 102198

And the others I see out there:
View attachment 102200

Thanks in advance, I really want to know as much as I can and got stumped on this one.

Morry

sdn roof w/B pillar
Picture 1 This roof line was made in the 330 and the 440 in a 2-dr sdn,also all 4drs had the same roof line.

hdtp roof no B pillar
Plcture 2 This roof line was used in the Polara 440 and the 500, so the 440 2 dr was available in both roof lines sdn and hdtp.The Belvedere in 64 was also available in both roof lines because I have a 2 dr sdn Belvedere.

Hope this helps
Jeff

Thanks Guys!! That cleared it up for me, to think I've been calling it a 2-door hard top all these years when there was a distinct difference between the hardtop and the sedan.

This helped me thanks. I been trying to figure out what I have in both of mine.

The good news is , either way their , an early b body is cool as hell.

Auto Transport Service
Back