• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1964 Dodge Polara 500

Is my price reasonable?

• Too high?

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Too low?

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Reasonable!

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Iron

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1964 Dodge Polara 500 383 A/T – The car is originally from Washington state. I am the third owner. The original owner drove and garaged the car until he was unable to drive. The second owner bought the car and garaged it. I have owned it since 2000. In the last 18 years I have spent my time and effort making the car mechanically sound. I wanted to built this car for modern drivability. It’s not a race car. It has lots of power, it stops well, it handles well, is reliable and enjoyable to drive in the city of on the freeway.

Body – Being from Washington, and now in California, this is a solid rust free car. Solid cowl, solid floor pans and solid trunk floor. The original color of the car is white. The current white is a little brighter than the stock color and was on the car when I got it. When I had the engine out, I painted the engine compartment and wheels OEM 1964 Chrysler Formal Black, with the intentions of painting the car this color. The body is very straight with minor dings. I see no signs of body filler. The windshield needs to be replaced. I have a brand new Superior gas tank for the car which will be included.

Engine – The original 383 has been rebuilt. Keith Black KB162-30 Hypereutectic pistons, Lunati 60300 cam (very mild) and lifters, Cloyes true roller timing chain. Edelbrock E-street heads, aluminum water pump, aluminum water pump housing, vintage Edelbrock DP4B intake manifold, Carter 4966 carburetor, Mopar Performance electronic ignition with Jacobs coil.

Electrical – 100 amp Tuf Stuff Alternator, dual field restoration wiring harness and Interstate battery.

Exhaust – OEM HP exhaust manifolds, TTI 2 ½” exhaust with Thrush turbo mufflers.

Transmission – 1967 HP 727 (from ’67 GTX) rebuilt with a later model stock valve body and part throttle kick-down (PTK) and Gil Younger shift kit, TCI Streetfighter torque convertor, Denny’s driveshaft. The transmission downshifts on it's own and is a great performer.

Rearend – The tapered axels were replaced with stock 1969 units. Center section is currently a 1969 741 case with 2:94 gears. I have the original 1964 Sure Grip with 3:23 gears that can go with the car if you prefer those over the 2:94 set.

Brakes, Wheels and Suspension – Strange Engineering master cylinder, stock Mopar 11” disc brakes 2 ½” wide rear drums, 15”x8” steel wheels, Mickey Thompson 255/60/15 tires, Moog suspension with urethane bushings and KYB shocks. 1969 K-member (for improved sway bar design) with Addco sway bar. Hemi torsion bars, HD leaf springs and HD shackles from Just Suspension.

I have all receipts and documentation for the car. More photos available on request.

$18k obo

IMG_1688.JPG IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1699.JPG IMG_1700.JPG IMG_1701.JPG IMG_1704.JPG

I have you at about a $15K

NOW: yes, "What We have in our cars, is sometimes NOT what we can get"
I have 3 1963s, LOVE the 64s!
But: The market is CRAZY, it depends on your prospective "Buyer"
I would keep the price at $18K FIRM
You will get "Low Ballers"
Just tell them: "Go find an unmolested rust free 64 and then come back and talk to me"
EDIT your add, update to: $18K FIRM...see what happens..
I know, I just sold a 1968 Firebird 400 w/ a 455 and new Turbo 400 Trans and a TCI Srtreetfighter Trans running in it.
I had lots of Low Ballers here in the Los Angeles area
Buyer came out of San Diego...I got $18K...he was a 22 yr old, saved for 6 years...

So: in my opinion, KEEP it at $18K for a while
Is it in Craigslist AND Muscle Cars Online?

I'd offer 16(if I had it) and your comeback would probably be good enough for me. Those in that era, in that shape are getting scarce and so are the people that want them, it's a shame because they are some of the coolest mopars around. So I think your good at that price and who ever buys it will be happy too

Sure wish I could make you an offer, 64 is my birth year and I love the Polaras! I'm glad you didn't paint it black, I think the white looks great with the chrome. The Master cylinder looks like the one I'm thinking of buying. Do you happen to know the bore... 15/16" or 1 1/32", and how do the brakes perform?

Great car, thanks!

Oh, I meant to tell you...Try to buy any 68 -70 Road Runner, Charger or GTX for 18k in that condition! Your Polara is still cool and still a Mopar! Guess that's why I have a 67 Coronet... still cool and still a Mopar!

The Master cylinder looks like the one I'm thinking of buying. Do you happen to know the bore... 15/16" or 1 1/32", and how do the brakes perform?
The car stops excellent. I used the smaller bore master cylinder. The larger bore is for use with a booster.

the car looks great one of the best things about it rust free. how many of them do you get to see look at what some of these guys have to do just to get back to nice. when you have a solid car never been wrecked and so on 18 is not bad. sorry you got to sell it good luck.

I think your in the ball park. As stated the buyers for this type of car are getting far and few between. It's a nice car if you wait and don't need to sell right away you will probably get $17-18 for it . But reality is no buyer means no sale ! If someone says $15 and you need the money I probably wouldn't say no if the cash was in front of me! But hey let's hope for the best out come !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back