• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge Polara seat belt upgrade

cruizer88

Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Anyone out there have any information about upgrading seat belts in a 64 Polara? Specifically a shoulder harness without a roll bar.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill I can't say who makes them but there is a kit to do shoulder belts/seat belts for old cars.
I remember this was a post on A Bodies and I think the 3rd point mounted to the floor or the rear door panel frame.
I am guessing you are using factory seats ?

The front bucket seats out of late model Chrysler Sebring convertible have shoulder harness incorporated in a bolster beside headrest, if you are not concerned with originality. Retro Belts also have 3-point belt system for older cars.

If using stock seats I know back in the day one tech wanted me to bolt through the seat to the bar since they did not "lock".. I did not do that.. Another tech came along and agreed with me as the five point harness keeps me in the seat and the seat to the bar...

Bill I can't say who makes them but there is a kit to do shoulder belts/seat belts for old cars.
I remember this was a post on A Bodies and I think the 3rd point mounted to the floor or the rear door panel frame.
I am guessing you are using factory seats ?
Yes, factory seat. Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking.

Auto Transport Service
Back