• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1964 fury cowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I know I am asking the impossible, anyone out there have a good cowl for a 64 fury,

Just bought parts from Summit. They look pretty good. Drivers side only.

IMG_4243.JPG
IMG_4244.JPG
IMG_4245.JPG

64 and 65 Dodge also interchange on the top of the cowl. the hole for the firewall electrical plug is different between the 2 years. is your cowl rotten on both the inside and outside? do you need both the left and right side? I will take photos of what I have tomorrow if you are still looking. Joe in Wisconsin

64 and 65 Dodge also interchange on the top of the cowl. the hole for the firewall electrical plug is different between the 2 years. is your cowl rotten on both the inside and outside? do you need both the left and right side? I will take photos of what I have tomorrow if you are still looking. Joe in Wisconsin

The inner and outter on mine are rotten.. I have the patch panel for the inner now.. but I need a good outter cowl

Hi Chad, the one I have has some pinholes on the left side outer, right side is good. I also have just a right side if someone else has a left. If you can’t come up with something better, I can send photos of the pinhole piece. I think it is more easily repaired than piecing in replacements. I have several really nice 62 and 3 but nothing better for 4’s and 5. Joe

1478D0BB-EB61-4798-9B18-F6708E630BE0.jpeg

I have 65 cowl outer is good inside driver's side some rust by wiper shaft I can send you pictures if interested

If they are made by Sherman STAY AWAY.
I understand the sentiment but the shape looks about right, no one else makes them, and it would cost me a whole lot more than what they cost to hammer a hunk of sheet metal to this point. I've seen the multi piece patch / weld jobs that some people have done and I'd much rather have the Sherman metal in there than a cobble job.

Conveniently in my case I only need pieces of the Sherman parts, a couple 4 x 4 areas to tig weld in.

They don't fit and the wiper hole is not correct either. You can do it but it will be a challenge.
MY body guy said DO NOT BRING ME ANOTHER ONE EVER. Go for it, remember that it will be hitting the fender.
With the fender in the correct alignment the cowl will not fit, cut it before you tig it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back