• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1964 plymouth Savoy project S.E. Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbee6043

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Originally a slant 3 on tree manual steer/brakes car. Slant has been pulled. All body work done, all metal replaced with 18 ga. epoxy primed sealed, PPG acrylic urethane, cleared. Turned out pretty nice. Comes with NEW: 4 tires, SmittyBilt A100 style seats, windlace, floor hump. 64 v8 k member. Extra set of taillites. Trunk floor is detailed in spatter paint. Engine compartment painted. Nice car to continue on with. I am in process of getting TX bonded title. Appt. with highway patrol on the 29th of this month (Nov).
Glass is all good EXCEPT windshield is doing the usual delaminating thing. Nice grill and headlite bezels. I have the original seats but frames only.
$11,500.
I do have a 67 8 3/4 open and A833 4 speed for extra $.

IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0069.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What spline trans 4 speed? Are you interested in just selling it. And how much if you are?

A few more pics. I need to get fresh pic of the seats, that sunshine makes them look NOT red! lol
Taking it in for inspection for bonded title Mon Nov 29th.

IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0072.JPG

Just out of curiosity, how did the inspection go? I’ve not had a bonded title done in awhile. They have since required the inspection. They used to just require an inspection from a regular vehicle inspection place. Now they require the authority to look at the car and it has to have a motor installed in the bay.

I had to cancel 2 appointments. Stuck the truck 1 st time, second just got busy with business and could not go! IF they require an engine there I will be screwed. WHY would they require a motor in there???
I did a Duster about 4 year ago and no problem but it was a complete car.

Its actually been that way for along time. Not sure why but you need to call first. It changes all the time.

There is absolutely no reason for the car to require an engine to get a title. You might be right, my appointment is for 8;30 Mon. and it an hour trip there. If you are right, one in Tx is going to want to hear me. That would be enough for me to pack up and move back to Missouri maybe, the real world! lol

Well, every state is different and they change all the time. It used to be all you had to do was get it inspected at a regular inspection place. The looked at the vin on the dash and verified that. Now they are supposed to check all the hidden vin numbers and compare that to the vin on the dash. It keeps someone from just swapping a vin tag and getting a title for a stolen body. Now in your case, I don’t know if the inspector is going to be smart enough or have the documentation to know that a 64 Plymouth has a different number on the core support and rear package tray and not the vin number. I’m very interested in your outcome. There is another way to get a title in Texas but you have to know a judge that knows how to do it and will cooperate. Good luck and let me know your results.

Yes I did speak to the officer that does the inspection and I mentioned that this 64 has NO vin on the body but does have the build sequence only stamped. I brought this up as I have another 64 to be inspected that is missing the trim tag which has that #. There is NO law I am aware of that requires the trim tag to be present only the vin tag.
You are correct that every state is different in how thy handle titles!!!
Back in Mo.where I lived for37years, they finally made it easy to title an old vehicle. I used to go to Ga thru the mail for paperwork as they are a non title state on older cars.
I will be at Huntsville early Mon for the deal!! Wish me luck!!

Well, every state is different and they change all the time. It used to be all you had to do was get it inspected at a regular inspection place. The looked at the vin on the dash and verified that. Now they are supposed to check all the hidden vin numbers and compare that to the vin on the dash. It keeps someone from just swapping a vin tag and getting a title for a stolen body. Now in your case, I don’t know if the inspector is going to be smart enough or have the documentation to know that a 64 Plymouth has a different number on the core support and rear package tray and not the vin number. I’m very interested in your outcome. There is another way to get a title in Texas but you have to know a judge that knows how to do it and will cooperate. Good luck and let me know your results.

I just got back from the highway patrol inspection. O problem. NO engine.
BS paperwork. Fill out another form or two, not hard. I have to get a dealer to do an "appraisal". This gives the state something to charge me sales tax on. Low value will be good. Then send paperwork to state DMV and they will tell me the amt. to get bond for. Then get bonded title.
I did this 4 years ago when I first mved to Tx but I forget all the details.
Where you might get fuzzy about the engine is one form asks IF car is complete IF it was built with parts from another vehicles, etc. All that might have bearing on if they issue a salvage title or not maybe?? Dunno!
Nothing is easy or cheap n TEXAS!!!:thumbsup:

Glad to hear this. I've been waiting to see how you came out. When the engine question came up I wondered, because in Minnesota based on my experience the state won't issue a title if the vehicle doesn't have an engine. They have lots of other reasons too, but I admit most I've heard don't make any sense. At least 'no engine' I can comprehend.

It's a marvelous scam here really: you take all your info plus pictures into the DMV, fill out their forms, pay the fees, get plates issued and then wait for a letter from the state. The last time I did this it was about $130.00 total. The anxiously awaited letter shows up with some vague explanation of why they won't issue you a title. Typically doesn't make any sense. Last time I went down this path my letter said something absolutely unintelligible. Calls to the state got me nowhere.

You then have a project vehicle registered in the state of Minnesota, for which you don't have a title, which of course per the state is the only legal means of transferring ownership. I've talked with two guys who got caught up in this because the car didn't have an engine. If you sell the car and the new owner attempts to obtain a title, a vin search brings up the Minnesota registration.

Anyway, glad reason prevails down your way.

Well, good to hear that the inspector did not require and engine or engine number. I bet you that when you apply for the bond, they will want an engine in the car. Every bonded title I’ve ever gotten required an engine in the bay. It does not have to run, it just has to be there. NOW, they do not personally inspect the car at the DOT office. GET MY DRIFT?

666 I did a bonded title about 4 years ago here. The bond co.does not see the car! You pay them based on the value the DMV says it is worth times 1.5. I have sent paperwork to DMV just waiting to get their letter saying yes I have too proceed with the bond!

I have gotten a number of cars titled with a bond here in Minnesota without an engine and have never had a problem. At one time the inspector came to my shop to check the s/n on the body and frame.

Texas and Minnesota Law’s are different and change all the time. Correct, the bonding company never sees the cars and does not care. Neither does txdot All they want is their fee. I’m just trying to save you some hassle. Make sure you “ install” wink, wink, a motor. They will not come to look at the car, period. However, they send a letter to the last registered owner and tell them someone is trying to get a title for a car that is legally registered to them. They tell them that if they have any claim to the car, call the state of Texas. Now, I’ve never tried to get a bonded title that someone was contacted. Most times the records have been purged long ago and no one can be contacted. I guess the problem would come in if the car was stolen or belonged to someone and they had proof it was never paid for or some other odd problem. However, that’s where problem begins. If someone has a claim on a car, the bonding agent comes to you to collect the bonded amount and they pay off the legal owner. That is straight from the bond underwriters. No, I’ve never had that happen but I’ve only gotten it on cars so old, I know the records are purged.

In three years, the bonded title goes off, so they only have three years to claim the car.

The bond would pay the person, not out of my pocket. This car has sat on the PO property since 83!
The state trooper has blessed off on it not being stolen.

Barbee. I hope you get your title without any more issues from your state. And the title will come soon.

Are you looking for the buyer of the car to pay the fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back