• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Sport Fury Torsion bars

Walt Clark

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Our family is restoring a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible, which we bought as a "kit" of parts from someone who got tired of the effort required. We need front torsion bars, since the car came to us without any, but we do not know which to buy. Do 1964 and 1965 B bodies use the same bar? I see a lot of ads for 65 &up but not for 1964. Are Fury and Sport Fury bars the same? What torsion bars will work for our car?

Thanks,

Walt

Our family is restoring a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible, which we bought as a "kit" of parts from someone who got tired of the effort required. We need front torsion bars, since the car came to us without any, but we do not know which to buy. Do 1964 and 1965 B bodies use the same bar? I see a lot of ads for 65 &up but not for 1964. Are Fury and Sport Fury bars the same? What torsion bars will work for our car?

Thanks,

Walt
contact Joe Suchy...He should have all the info and parts you need for a 64...plus he is a great guy!

Torsion bars are determined by the vehicle model and engine size. The factory service manual will have the information. 440'

All 1962 to 1972 B body torsion bars will fit in your car. From the factory the diameters changed depending on engine size, and whether it had HD suspension etc. A stock V/8 car would be .88 or.90 inches in diameter. I would go bigger than that, but it depends on what your plans are for the car.

All 1962 to 1972 B body torsion bars will fit in your car. From the factory the diameters changed depending on engine size, and whether it had HD suspension etc. A stock V/8 car would be .88 or.90 inches in diameter. I would go bigger than that, but it depends on what your plans are for the car.

So why do all the ads state 65-72 B body? Confusing!

Thanks,

Walt
Thanks everyone, made contact with Joe Suchy and he has what we needed.

Walt

So why do all the ads state 65-72 B body? Confusing!

Some vendors don't know much about Mopar cars so they list wrong information. Hotchkis is a good example. They sell torsion bars but they don't know that their torsion bars will fit early B body cars. Firm Feel knows that the B body torsion bars fit '62 to '72 cars. So you just have to call someone who knows what they are talking about. Or do some research. There are several books written on Mopar suspensions as well as the books sold by Mopar Performance. The information is out there, just have to look for it.

We offer 1" torsion bars that have been engineered with the proper pre-load to achieve stock ride height or a lowered stance with no issues to handling or performance. We have a full line of suspension parts for your vehicle and being a member of this forum provides you an added benefit of a "members discount" on orders of $200 or more and free shipping on the US 48 states. Our 1" torsion bars are designed to give your car a modern ride and feel.

Thanks
James From
PST

Auto Transport Service
Back