• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth trunk paint

snipernuts

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
hi guys!! anyone know if the splatter paint is made for the 1964 plymouths??

thanks!!

kup

There are several different spatter paints on the market, and I would bet one is close.

I did mine with the light gray paint with white flecks. That's what I've seen used most often.

I did mine with the light gray paint with white flecks. That's what I've seen used most often.

Correct trunk paint for early B-bodies is called Zolatone. It comes in several different combos of black/grey/white splatter mixtures. Your local paint supply store should have a swatch book to pick from. It's waterbased, so you'll need to clear it. Add some flattener if you want a less glossy clear.

Correct trunk paint for early B-bodies is called Zolatone. It comes in several different combos of black/grey/white splatter mixtures. Your local paint supply store should have a swatch book to pick from. It's waterbased, so you'll need to clear it. Add some flattener if you want a less glossy clear.

Hey, just wanted to give an update to the Zolatone paint. I bought some recently and my paint supplier said it's not a water-based paint so no need to clear coat it.

I would say paint your trunk floor BEFORE using Zolatone paint. The original Zolatone I believe was a water based. Never heard other wise. But I sanded and painted mine with body color prior to spraying the Zolatone....It seems to allow rust to form if not sprayed first with regular paint... Right or wrong, I didn't want to take a chance.

64 paint chart

20200108_214210.jpg 20200108_214149.jpg

Unfortunately you can't get the proper color of Zolatone anymore discontinued.

Eastwood shows black & white on their website.

Auto Transport Service
Back