• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Polara Trunk Mat

Charlie Brown

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Looking to order a trunk mat for my 64 Polara Convert. Some companies list only a mat for all B bodies 63-65 - all models. Some companies offer mat specific either for converts, 4 and 2 Dr. models as well as Dodge and Plymouth being different. Does anyone have any definitive info on this? Is a convert trunk different from a Hardtop or Dodge to Plymouth? There is almost a $50 spread in price on convert vs. HT. models on some web sites.
I'd also like to hear from anyone who has experience with vinyl vs. rubber trunk mats.

One of Our Venders here on the site, Richard @ Restoration Parts and Supplies. Sorry if I got the Name wrong Richard. He offers some nice mats, at good pricing, and also an Easy pick up at Carlisle in July. He has a Great offering of parts. Here's a posting from the past: 63 to 65 Dodge and Plymouth B-Body Molded Trunk Mats

U.S.-built cars, with the exception of convertibles, had the spare tire mount bracket at the rear of the trunk, on the rear axle kick up. The convertibles had the mount on the right, front area of the trunk floor. This different placement was made to accommodate the convertible top well. All Canadian-built cars have the spare tire mounted in the same position as U.S. convertibles. So, if you have a Canadian sedan or hardtop, you have to order a convertible trunk mat

P2070031.JPG

U.S.-built cars, with the exception of convertibles, had the spare tire mount bracket at the rear of the trunk, on the rear axle kick up. The convertibles had the mount on the right, front area of the trunk floor. This different placement was made to accommodate the convertible top well. All Canadian-built cars have the spare tire mounted in the same position as U.S. convertibles. So, if you have a Canadian sedan or hardtop, you have to order a convertible trunk mat
Dave,
So if I have this correct, my car is an American built convertible Polara, so I need to order a mat specifically for a convertible? I'm assuming that the mat specific to convertibles would have a slit for the spare tire mount in a different place than sedans / hardtops. Thanks.

View attachment 1412017
Dave, you know the 64's pretty well, always enjoy learning from your posts on them.

Dave,
So if I have this correct, my car is an American built convertible Polara, so I need to order a mat specifically for a convertible? I'm assuming that the mat specific to convertibles would have a slit for the spare tire mount in a different place than sedans / hardtops. Thanks.
Yes if they come pre cut. Hardtop spare to the back, convert spare to the rt side as shown.

Auto Transport Service
Back