• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Station Wagon Gas Cap?

Evan Frucht

Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
I cant seem to find one for sale. all the ones on eBay say they only go up to 1957-1961 Plymouth wagons. what gives. also bought a few from rockauto that said they would fit but they don't.

You must not be lookin right? I find many a cap on my searches for a 64 Plymouth gas cap, weather they fit or not is another subject. I don't know what to tell you. Good Luck

You must not be lookin right? I find many a cap on my searches for a 64 Plymouth gas cap, weather they fit or not is another subject. I don't know what to tell you. Good Luck
ya I don't know what to say either. lol, thanks anyway... It seems like the gas caps for station wagon models are different than the ones on 2dr and 4dr models. I've bought a couple so far that do not fit. I want some more insight on the subject before I start wasting money on a bunch more gas caps that do not fit.

With all the interchangeable parts between years and body styles, you'd think something like this would be a universal item like a ballast resistor. As they say, The struggle continues.

There was a guy who made an adapter to mount a flip-top gas cap in place of the twist-off cap. Would look good on a wagon.

I cant seem to find one for sale. all the ones on eBay say they only go up to 1957-1961 Plymouth wagons. what gives. also bought a few from rockauto that said they would fit but they don't.

I may have one. I googled 1960 Plymouth Wagon and I have a New cap that LOOKS like it. PM me your address and I'll send it to you. I have to go to the Post Office yet today, so I'll box it up. It may NOT fit, so if anybody has more info, don't let my sending one stop you from sharing that info.

this is the one I'm using on my 64 wagon.

wagon gas cap 001.JPG wagon gas cap 002.JPG

This is what I have on my 64 wagon. Fits nice. All machined aluminum. Person an forabodiesonly.com makes them and has them on e bay also.

20181121_162033.jpg 20181121_162039.jpg

I may have one. I googled 1960 Plymouth Wagon and I have a New cap that LOOKS like it. PM me your address and I'll send it to you. I have to go to the Post Office yet today, so I'll box it up. It may NOT fit, so if anybody has more info, don't let my sending one stop you from sharing that info.
Thank you! It might fit, the ones I tried were kinda generic, but advertised to fit a normal 64. Your wagon one may work. I tried to PM but inbox is full.

Auto Transport Service
Back