1965 AFX Coronet

funnykarman

Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Did a little more work on the 65 car . Got all the grill and bumper mounted starting to look like a car again . The hood gave me a fit , it's on but will need more work . The passenger headlight bezel will be restored soon .Just wanted to see everything together . Front plate and plate bezel says Big Green and Mean , Godzilla . Good name for it . Will paint it A shade of tropical green , much brighter green than Lime green . Both fenders will be changed out later , they have a long bow in them that I could not get out . Thanks John
IMG_2582.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG

funnykarman

Local time
Reaction score
Did a little more work on the car . took measurements and ordered lower and upper hoses for radiator . bottom hose I used a convoluted hose with wire in it . that would help keep the lower hose from being sucked in and restricting water flow . On the upper hose I ordered several pieces from Speedway motors . using metal and silicon hoses I was able to get a good fit . Will work well and looks clean .
IMG_2686.JPG
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG

funnykarman

Local time
Reaction score
I have been working on my 66 barracuda funny car That I sold to a friend in N.C.
but I found and replaced the 6 inch shifter handle on the Hurst push down shifter I have in the car , you would always have to lean forward to shift to first or third . I replaced it with a 8 inch stick with a curve in it to move it back closer to the seat . The new stick works great , no more having to lean forward to shift , just lay your hand down and change gears . First pic is old shifter and handle , second one with it in first gear and last one shifter in in the second gear position . works great .
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_2689.JPG
IMG_2690.JPG

funnykarman

Local time
Reaction score
Need some help , Have relocated in Georgia , about 50 miles outside Atlanta . Looking for good rear end shop and engine shop . Need dana 60 set up with Mark Williams caps . Also want to take the short block on my 472 crate Hemi and have it checked out before I run it , a lot of the articles I have read on the crate motors have not been good , Just want to CMA ( cover my ass ) on this issue . Any one have suggestions for shops ? Please let me know on good or bad shops in area . Thanks John

funnykarman

Local time
Reaction score
OK , still alive and moving around . Got new garage up and starting to move in . Unpacked a piece of art I had bought 22 years ago and had it framed with the intent of hanging it in the shop along with all my metal signs and clock That a friend and I put together a few years back . The painting was called " The Sunday Funnies " and had Arnie Beswick and Grand Spalding afx cars in a wheel stand . It is signed by Arnie and Mr Norm . How ever it is over our bed and not in the shop , and that was not my call . Happy wife happy life . When the shop in filled up with stuff I will start working on the 65 AFX car again . I will post pic's of picture and clock . Garage art . Clock is made from a set of rods that lasted 1 run at 8500 rpm in small block chevy . he took it to a bad machine shop that did terrible work . Back at it soon . John
IMG_0816.jpg
IMG_0305 (1).jpg

funnykarman

Local time
Reaction score
Ok . Got the new garage sorted out and started to do some small things . Having to finish the garage the 65 sat on my trailer . the tarp leaked and the top was a black rusty mess . I sanded for 2 days and put 3 coats of etching primer on it . Starting on the rear right side sanding and coating with primer . Ordered a 30 inch block sander to do the lower quarters , to get them smooth . Did a little inside work , covering hard board with foam and the gray and black tweed the seat is covered in . both door panels, the panels over the tubs and the package tray . I am going to use a black headliner with black arm rests with chrome bases . Headliner goes in before the windows .. right now it's 90 and very humid .....
DSCF0903.JPG
DSCF0905.JPG
DSCF0904.JPG
DSCF0902.JPG
DSCF0899.JPG
DSCF0901.JPG
DSCF0900.JPG

Big bill

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Did a little more work on the 65 car . Got all the grill and bumper mounted starting to look like a car again . The hood gave me a fit , it's on but will need more work . The passenger headlight bezel will be restored soon .Just wanted to see everything together . Front plate and plate bezel says Big Green and Mean , Godzilla . Good name for it . Will paint it A shade of tropical green , much brighter green than Lime green . Both fenders will be changed out later , they have a long bow in them that I could not get out . Thanks John View attachment 754719 View attachment 754720
Looking good ....

funnykarman

Local time
Reaction score
Ok, I was able to start ordering parts. Got a Powermaster 165amp alt. has to cut the motorplate to get it to fit, Ron Francis wireworks kit, going to rewire the whole car. Quickfuel pump 130gph and will use #10 hose. Fram fuel filter. Picked up a aluminum water pump housing from 440 source , will use water pump that came with crate Hemi. Ordered a Milodon oil pan and it's been on backorder for 4 months. Got a windage trap that will fit the new pan. A new mini starter and all new gaskets. New valve cover breathers for the HEMI valve covers . Have new fenders being made .

DSCF0936.JPG

DSCF0938.JPG

DSCF0939.JPG

DSCF0942.JPG

DSCF0940.JPG

DSCF0943.JPG

DSCF0944.JPG

DSCF0945.JPG

DSCF0941.JPG