• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Bel I before and after...

brian.linn

Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
I recently changed out my 8-3/4 for a Dana 60 on my car... here are the before and after pics. FYI, I bought the new Super Stock springs from Jegs about 2 years ago and what a mess. From the main front eye bolt to the set screw for the spring perches, were off about a 1/4 of an inch. I had to tear down the old springs and new springs to build my own. But, it's finally done, now all I need to do is yank out the puny 273 for my 440. Any suggestions/ideas for the headers, other than TTI, I am using a big block cable shift 727 and heard the TTI's have some clearance issues. Right now I'm leaning towards Hooker.

Oh, BTW, I am also using this forum to show my lil' bro' who also is a gear head currently attending Wyotech's Hot Rod and Body program, the progress on my car. I am trying to sway him to the dark side of Mopar. Big "shout out" BJ!!! Keep up the hard work, You're making big bro' PROUD!!!

original bel 1.jpg

65 BEL DSR BT.jpg

65 BEL PSS BT.jpg

65 BEL REAR BT.jpg

Yeah, I got wood! Looks awesome, keep posting pics as you go along.

Awesome...I just love those 65 Plymouths. To make it look more "superstock", I would raise the nose. That tacho on the dash...sweet. Is that a Sun?

You know I like it ! :yes: Looks great now. Ron

362705709.jpg

I have 11" wide tread, I'll have to hunt down the size... the tach is from Jegs, I'll have to get that info as well.
Thanks for the compliments.

It really change the look of the car. Real nice!

I recently changed out my 8-3/4 for a Dana 60 on my car... here are the before and after pics. FYI, I bought the new Super Stock springs from Jegs about 2 years ago and what a mess. From the main front eye bolt to the set screw for the spring perches, were off about a 1/4 of an inch. I had to tear down the old springs and new springs to build my own. But, it's finally done, now all I need to do is yank out the puny 273 for my 440. Any suggestions/ideas for the headers, other than TTI, I am using a big block cable shift 727 and heard the TTI's have some clearance issues. Right now I'm leaning towards Hooker.

Oh, BTW, I am also using this forum to show my lil' bro' who also is a gear head currently attending Wyotech's Hot Rod and Body program, the progress on my car. I am trying to sway him to the dark side of Mopar. Big "shout out" BJ!!! Keep up the hard work, You're making big bro' PROUD!!!

Did you use the "new" spring mounts that are designed to make up the differance between the stock and SS Springs?

Looks awesome! Man, what a difference wheels, tires and stace did for that car.

those tires look like 315-60-15

Like night & day:yes:Went from lookin like a slant 6 to max wedge,,,,,,or even a HEMI car:grin:I am diggin it:yes:

I got my engine back and ready to start putting it all together, after I get the fire wall and engine bay painted and possibly yank the K-member for some freshening up... BTW, anyone have any thoughts on buying a used converter? It is a Turbo Action (Part #17805??) 10" Street/Strip, about 15 years old with very minimal use... I know the owner pretty well and I trust him, but I would like to get some opinions on buying a used converter... Anyway, thanks for the kind words about my car, I will get some more pics and get them posted!!! Hope to see everyone next weekend at the Nat's in Ohio!!!!

You have a 50/50 chance of getting lucky with a used converter:edgy:If you can fit a new converter into your budget,I would say get a new one:yes:

Auto Transport Service
Back