• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coronet 500 power brake booster.

finz68

Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
My brakes lock up when the engine is running and free up when it is off. Research leans towards needing a new brake booster. Is this correct? The master, brake cylinders and lines are all less than 2 years old. I can NOT find a brake booster anywhere online. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can you lift the pedal up with the top of your foot, will the car move? It does sound like a bad booster, I had a 67 plymouth station wagon that I had to drive with one foot under the pedal because it would suck the pedal to the floor if I didn't. Almost got a 383 in the back of my head when 2 stoners thought it would be funny to slam on the brakes in front of me for no reason. Ended up in the passenger side of the dashboard.

Booster Dewey's is who did my Hemi booster and it looks excellent. They do good work.

Auto Transport Service
Back