• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coronet 500 w/ Cammed 6.1 HEMI swap Plum Floored

plumfloored

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Here is a customer's 65 Coronet that we are working on, this car has a nice nostalgic look, we wish he would do ITBs, and the Hemi hood scoop.
The TTI 62-65 Mounts are an awesome piece, great design, look bullet proof.
We did need to modify the passenger side mount to clear the 45 degree oil filter adapter (We did not want to run a remote mount)
We also test fitted a set of the Jeep SRT-8 headers/manifolds, and there is no way that they will clear the power steering box, and the line up with the torsion bars. So for this application we switched to a set of long tunes.
You will also notice we are running the Jeep SRT-8 power steering pump as it has an attached reservoir unlike the LX/LY 6.1s. This is going to be a great ride when its done. We used the Milodon pan and pickup, the radiator is one of ours with both outlets on the passengers side.
P.S. the 45 degree mount was also from a Jeep SRT-8
11942-65-coronet-500.jpg

11943-coronet-2.jpg

Got pics???

EVERYTHING, lol!! I'm almost done with my 64 Polara 500 with a 5.7 Hemi & 5spd auto, so I would like to see it all.

5.7 Hemi. I would like to see your pics as well. I'm getting ready to get started on a 1964 440 Wagon.

Auto Transport Service
Back