• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coronet build

Jim914

Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
I aquired a 65 Coronet 500 for my next build. This will be my 1st b body. I know I'll be calling on help with knowledge from people. Will try to post pics on the build. I get in too much hurry and no post pictures. Car will be turquoise.a pretty color.
426 wedge original motor/transmission/rearend.
The completed photo is what I want to end up with

IMG_20210311_105435139.jpg IMG_20210313_091634445.jpg IMG_20210313_165802524.jpg Screenshot_20210224-171910.png

The paper work I got from the owner shows the car was sold at Grand Spaulding Dodge

Looks like a really nice body. That's a big plus. One of your pictures shows a complete trophy winning car it appears to me. Are you going for that look or in a different direction?

Looks like a really nice body. That's a big plus. One of your pictures shows a complete trophy winning car it appears to me. Are you going for that look or in a different direction?
Going for original factory look. Of course the scoop and aftermarket wheels

If you need help with getting that 426 "correct" let me know! Subscribed!

If you need help with getting that 426 "correct" let me know! Subscribed!
Help!!! You offered lol.
Have machine work done and most of engine together.
I'm in question on sparkplug shields. Are they the right ones and in the correct places. Have 2 ziplock bags of different ones. I know the plugs and manifolds were on the engine when painted. How about the plug shields they were painted also?
Been trying to find info and pictures of painted engines
Thanks.

Both plug boot shields were installed when engine was painted.

20210628_214323.jpg 20210628_214211.jpg

If you really want a challenge try and locate these heat shields at rear of each manifold.

20210628_215500.jpg 20210628_215040.jpg

Wait, I see you already have the passenger side heat shield.....half the battle! I purchased my car with the drivers side and missing the passenger. Oh and looks like you have the boot shields in the right place.

Wait, I see you already have the passenger side heat shield.....half the battle! I purchased my car with the drivers side and missing the passenger. Oh and looks like you have the boot shields in the right place.
Thanks. there is a shield for the driver's side but I think it mounts on the firewall by the steering column?
The car is a heater delete car. Weird for being sold in Chicago.

The only heat shield on the drivers side that I have ever seen mounts on the manifold like the passenger side.

And that is very strange for a Chicago car!

The only heat shield on the drivers side that I have ever seen mounts on the manifold like the passenger side.
I'll double check it. It was a unfinished project.i have to do alot of searching. Mixed with Belvedere parts also

Auto Transport Service
Back