• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coronet - Lost my headliner bow spring wire retainers

65AFX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Somehow lost the 2 little wires that hook onto the back headliner bow. When I tore the car apart I was afraid I would loose them, so put in a safe place. Now I can't find that safe place. I found later year one's for sale, but not 1965. Will later yerk ones work? Could I just make some out of piano wire. How long are they? Anyone have a pair?

IMG_3681.JPG IMG_3682.JPG

Somehow lost the 2 little wires that hook onto the back headliner bow. When I tore the car apart I was afraid I would loose them, so put in a safe place. Now I can't find that safe place. I found later year one's for sale, but not 1965. Will later yerk ones work? Could I just make some out of piano wire. How long are they? Anyone have a pair?

View attachment 1090677 View attachment 1090678
A wanted thread would be a place to start.

Somehow lost the 2 little wires that hook onto the back headliner bow. When I tore the car apart I was afraid I would loose them, so put in a safe place. Now I can't find that safe place.
:rofl: wish I could say I never did that.. you'll usually find them after you don't need them.:fool:

I lost both lower door hinges for my 65? Joe Suchy sold me a pair. Maybe sometime after the car is done I will find them!
Mike
PS: I have those in my 65 but, it's in the paint shop right now so I can't measure them for you.

Are you a lost relative of mine? Yeah, I do that **** all the time!
And yes, you do actually find everything AFTER you buy new stuff!

Problem solved. A member hooked me up with a pair. I'm curious if any later years would work. If anyone has some 66-68 wires I would like to know their shape and length. I'll compare them to the original 65 ones I'm getting.

These are the dimensions of the 64-65 b-body wires I just got.
Looks like all the later years (A or B Body) are either longer or the ends are 90 degrees to each other.

IMG_9573.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back