• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 plymouth belevder no heater

Rick 1

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
HI i have a 65 belevder 318 poly ac car compresser not working heater blows cold air no heat at all any ideas Thanks Rick

If I follow your question, you could have some issues like a non-working thermostat or one that doesn't open until higher engine temp, or a blocked core or hose. More checks could be the condition of the dash temp control vacuum setting not working. This could be disconnected or broken hose or nipple or linkage disconnect behind dash. There could be a ventilation damper not moving to allow heat, a quick check is to determine if you can move from floor blow to defrost blow settings...if the AC compressor isn't working you should still get heat...

Are both heater hoses hot? One hose(outlet) should be just a little cooler than the other. If one is pretty warm & other cold you've got a plugged up heater core. Assuming ur thermostat is working.

If I follow your question, you could have some issues like a non-working thermostat or one that doesn't open until higher engine temp, or a blocked core or hose. More checks could be the condition of the dash temp control vacuum setting not working. This could be disconnected or broken hose or nipple or linkage disconnect behind dash. There could be a ventilation damper not moving to allow heat, a quick check is to determine if you can move from floor blow to defrost blow settings...if the AC compressor isn't working you should still get heat...
it run fine no heating problem switches from floor to wind shield blower works good just no heat thought some one might know the problem off hand to cold to mess with it now think it may be a vacum thing ??? thanks Rick

It's not that cold!!!!!! Just start with the basics, eng. warming up ok,water flow to heater core. THEN wait for Monday-supposed to be 50's, LOL.

it run fine no heating problem switches from floor to wind shield blower works good just no heat thought some one might know the problem off hand to cold to mess with it now think it may be a vacum thing ??? thanks Rick

If the doors open and shut redirecting airflow vacuum shouldn't be an issue. When you select heat, and move the heat selector from cold to hot, the cable should move the bypass valve open to get hot water into the heater core. Those cables can seize and bend when extending. Get underneath and make sure the valve is opening. If it is, make sure the heat door is opening which I think it is if the floor vents open up.
If everything is ok in the cab, you need tk pull the heater hoses off the waterpump and backflush the heater core with a hose. From there, check the thermostat. Does the car get up to operating temp or does it run below 1/2 on the factory gauge?

Any updates or are you waiting for summer to arrive?! lol

Auto Transport Service
Back