• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 throttle cable

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Is the throttle cable the same for /6, small block and big block with 4 barrel? I'm assuming the end at the pedal is the same. Are the ends to the carb the same also? Would the three different blocks have three different lengths? Or even the larger C-bodies?

I would just order a new one from Mancini. They have a chart that lists the lengths but I don’t remember one for the /6.

Are the ends to the carb the same also? Would the three different blocks have three different lengths? Or even the larger C-bodies?
Yes on the first question.Yes on the second question.Yes on the third. Surprisingly the Slant cable is the longest.
Usually the small block and the big block can be swapped though the actual length is close to the same. Same goes for the 2bbl vs the 4 bbl.
Throttle cables changed at the fire wall in the mid to late 70's from a round hole to a square mount.

I would just order a new one from Mancini. They have a chart that lists the lengths but I don’t remember one for the /6.
I'm all set with mine. I ordered the correct bracket and will be doing the Lokar kickdown. It was just a thought.

It looks like the 65 cable is 20". Mancini offers a 1" longer at 21". Then there's the Max Wedge and Hemis at 23.5" and 25.5". It doesn't have a measurement for the /6. This is all with the early double clevis ends.

Here's an update. For the 65 Mopars, the 2 barrel small block cable is 20" end to end. The 383 4 barrel cable is 2" longer. 22" end to end. That worked with the Rick Eberg small block cable bracket. Then I went with the Lokar trans kick down. That pretty much solved my issue. I tried to get the Max Wedge 23.5" cable but they were on back order. That would have probably given me a little more slack but it all worked out.

Auto Transport Service
Back