• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 - 1967 Satellites and Belvederes ****

Current winter project. 500c.i. bullet, tube K member, fuel injection, Dana rear.

66belvedere2.jpg 66belvedere3.jpg 66reardana.jpg 66 plymouth interrior .jpg

:thankyou: It’s not as fast as most race cars, but it is still a very comfortable and reliable street car while at the same time being a damn competitive bracket car. I’m pretty happy with what it is; and it’s gonna be a lot faster this coming spring! I haven’t said much here or over on Moparts, but the heads are at MCH right now getting full CNC port and prep work; and im midway through the install of a custom-bent 6 pt bar. :thumbsup:
50e1fb3e-95b7-486b-a76e-fef668b8df0c_zpsimf1y1zd.jpg

Last edited:
:thankyou: It’s not as fast as most race cars, but it is still a very comfortable and reliable street car while at the same time being a damn competitive bracket car. I’m pretty happy with what it is. It’s gonna be a lot faster this coming spring! I haven’t said much here or over on Moparts, but the heads are at MCH right now getting full CNC port and prep work; and im midway through the install of a custom-bent 6 pt bar. :thumbsup:
View attachment 556571

Can't wait to hear about the results from the upgrades.... mine will be getting a mini tubbed in the next month or so

Can't wait to hear about the results from the upgrades.... mine will be getting a mini tubbed in the next month or so

Are you cutting and fabbing it yourself, or using a kit? I like the looks of the US Cartool kit.

Been a while since I’ve checked this thread, sorry I didn’t reply to this..... regarding the results to the port work: I was actually somewhat disappointed in what I got out of the headwork alone last year, which was about 2 tenths. From 11.6x’s in 17 prior to the headwork, to 11.4x’s in ‘18 after (given I did add about 65lbs with the roll-bar, so maybe at the same weight it would have been in the .25 range. But it made me think.... “the heads must no longer be the choke point, lets see if more valve lift will make better use of the headwork”. So this past winter I went to 1.6 rockers, moving the valve lift from .573 to .610. My theory was proved to be correct, as I gained a good tenth + from the rocker gear.

Gary what size exhaust are you running I ask because a guy I was talking to at the race track this weekend said he was running 12.20 with 2.5 and changed to 3in and now his best is 11.8x .. Great job on your car

4 door 273, 3 speed and 2 door 318, automatic. Just fun cruisers.

20190519_213318.jpg

Gary what size exhaust are you running I ask because a guy I was talking to at the race track this weekend said he was running 12.20 with 2.5 and changed to 3in and now his best is 11.8x .. Great job on your car

When I bought this car, the ONLY non-stock item on the entire car was a new dual exhaust system; complete street type of system with 2-1/4” tube and Flowmaster 40’s. Since the , I have added a set of of Hooker 1-7/8” Comps with 18” of 3” head pipe off the collectors leading to a set of 3” dumps. From there it steps down to 2-1/2” with an H-pipe setup, then into the existing 2-/4” system. I figure at the track I open the dumps, so the small exhaust shouldn’t be hurting me much, other than the weight.

The only change I’m contemplating is to get another set of 3” dumps, and cut the flanges off them and rearrange them so the cap comes off the straight through pipe side, and the intersecting “Y” pipe would then lead to the exhaust system. Since I don’t street race, I’m really not concerned in the slightest with losing a few HP when the exhaust is corked up. It’s still plenty beefy a street car, but I think that change could be worth a few HP by making the open system truly a straight through type of setup.

Auto Transport Service
Back