• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 440

stingger68

Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
a friend of mine has this for sale and before i go and talk to him on a price, i was wanting some input on it and a roulnd about price these run? so far im still going for the 98 EFI 5.2 on my charger but this set up poped up. it a 66 model 440 B/B steel crank engine with 915 closed chamber heads and B/B 727 trans . i asked for him to email me some pix and more info about it.

Back in the 80's they were a couple of hundred bucks or free, but these days I don't know. You can't go wrong with a 67 440 (installed year) but chances are the 915 on this engine have the 1.6" exhaust valves but that's easily remedied.

If the price is right jump on it!!!!I have a 68 in my 67 GTX
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Check the castin date and the assembly date of the engine. It MAY be an engine that was installed in a 67 but cast in 66. If that is the case there is better chance that it has the larger valves in the heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back