• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 belvedere 1 replacement panel options?

dsonny

Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
I just purchased this 1966 plymouth belvedere 1 two door post car. Im new to mopars and have some questions:
What other b body cars have the same body panels/sheet metal as i need to replace a few pieces? Specifically
Full floor
Front fenders
Hood
Trunk lid
Rear quarters
Doors
20220327_114523.jpg

AMD has new quarters/floors/ But as far as hood trunk lid and fenders. They are year specific. So they are one year only for the 66 Plymouth Belvedere. The 67 is close but they changed the hood around the headlight curve and the trunk lid the reverse lights are different. 67 Belevedere's also have dual headlights so the headlight buckets are different for the 66. I was able to cut the headlight bucket out of my 66 fender and weld it into my 67 fender. I made it work. But other than that the 1966 Plymouth Belvedere is all by itself. But the closest match would be a 67.

So if the fenders, hood and trunk lid are not too bad and can be repaired I would do that. Sourcing decent 1966 fenders and the other parts might be like pulling teeth. But one place to check is Wildcat in Oregon. But then expect freight charges. Here is their site. https://www.wildcatmopars.com/

Thanks for the reply. So more specifically i have damage on the front of the fender where the lights are mounted. So really i just need that portion of the fender. Is 67 the same or completely different?

AMD has new quarters/floors/ But as far as hood trunk lid and fenders. They are year specific. So they are one year only for the 66 Plymouth Belvedere. The 67 is close but they changed the hood around the headlight curve and the trunk lid the reverse lights are different. 67 Belevedere's also have dual headlights so the headlight buckets are different for the 66. I was able to cut the headlight bucket out of my 66 fender and weld it into my 67 fender. I made it work. But other than that the 1966 Plymouth Belvedere is all by itself. But the closest match would be a 67.

So if the fenders, hood and trunk lid are not too bad and can be repaired I would do that. Sourcing decent 1966 fenders and the other parts might be like pulling teeth. But one place to check is Wildcat in Oregon. But then expect freight charges.

Thanks for the reply. So more specifically i have damage on the front of the fender where the lights are mounted. So really i just need that portion of the fender. Is 67 the same or completely different?
That you should be able to get out of a 67 fender. and graft into a 66 they should be the same. Mostly the headlight buckets are the only thing that is different. You would be safe getting some 67 stuff for patching up your 66 stuff and be alright.

That you should be able to get out of a 67 fender. and graft into a 66 they should be the same. Mostly the headlight buckets are the only thing that is different. You would be safe getting some 67 stuff for patching up your 66 stuff and be alright.
I used an old cracked door to get this piece and make a patch for the C Pillar of my 1966.
IMG_1968.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

Doors are the same as 67 and 66 and 67 Dodge Coronet.

Even 66 and 67 Charger doors will work.

The AMD quarter panels are for a hard top and are different at the C pillar.

Patches can be made from a 66 or 67 Plymouth 4 door for some places.

So when you say the doors are the same are you just taking skins or full doors because my sedan has a full frame around the window and the doors im seeing online for the years you specified dont seam to have that same window frame. Makes me thibk you are talking about just skins. Either way im just trying to learn what i can use. Thanks

Doors are the same as 67 and 66 and 67 Dodge Coronet.

Even 66 and 67 Charger doors will work.

The AMD quarter panels are for a hard top and are different at the C pillar.

Patches can be made from a 66 or 67 Plymouth 4 door for some places.

The Doors on the Belvedere 1 and Belvedere 2 are different. Belvedere 2 is a hard top no door frame, Belvedere 1 is a I guess you call it a coupe. That's why it has the frame for the door glass. More related to a 4door or a wagon.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Congratulations on your new project. Base '66 and '67 Coronet's were also 2-door sedans, and their doors will interchange with your Belvedere I. Front floors from '66 to '70 are all interchangeable. They used to be made by AMG.

Yes that's correct only sedan doors will work other than the skins.

...and that means Charger doors won't work.

Sorry I don't often deal with 2 door sedans.

But sedan doors are the same between Dodge and Plymouth.

Last edited:
I have a hood, don't know the year, can't get to it for awhile. Light blue.
Hope I haven’t broken any rules.

If you happen to get to it. Shoot me a msg. I just live near Brandon MB so your not too far away

Last edited:
The Doors on the Belvedere 1 and Belvedere 2 are different. Belvedere 2 is a hard top no door frame, Belvedere 1 is a I guess you call it a coupe. That's why it has the frame for the door glass. More related to a 4door or a wagon.
You could get a Belvedere II as a sedan but they were usually 4 door cars but never saw any II's as a 2dr sedan...and as far as I know, the coupe was the 2dr post cars like the road runners with the pop out quarter windows. The doors didn't didn't have a window frame but yeah, this argument has been on going as to just what is a coupe vs a sedan. Very few people have called my 2dr sedan 66 a coupe. Also, it's been a long time since I had a 67 hood but from what I remember, it wasn't different but I actually never had it on my 66. I did buy a fiberglass hood for my 66 and they were listed as being for 66/67. Anyways, it fit without the gaps being too big.

Auto Transport Service
Back