• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger medallions.

Terry Kitzman

Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
I'm restoring my emblems, I have a couple of questions, Are the letters in the trunk medallion painted black? And what color is the red on the red and black arrow medallions on the upper rear quarters? Thanks! PS. I'm getting close to the end!!!! :steering:

Not sure if you can expand this picture to see the trunk medallion. The letters are black.

IMG_20200706_192229.jpg

I'm restoring my emblems, I have a couple of questions, Are the letters in the trunk medallion painted black? And what color is the red on the red and black arrow medallions on the upper rear quarters? Thanks! PS. I'm getting close to the end!!!! :steering:
Yes and again spray the entire thing and wipe off with lacquer thinner. Same with the sail panel "Charger"
Pic attached of the arrow (smaller is my 73) ... that is a bit more tricky. I used model paint on that.
Christiano2.JPG
WP_20130511_001.jpg

The photo from ODZKing of the rear trunk medallion is perfect. I had read on this Forum, it may have been ODZKING, was that the red color in the center of the medallion is "Inferno Red Metallic" from Dupli Color. I know you only asked about the letter color but I thought I'd mention that, if you needed to know.

Auto Transport Service
Back