• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 Dodge Charger 383 4 Speed Fresh Mechanical Rebuild Drives Excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

challengersteve

Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a 1966 Dodge Charger 383 4 barrel HP 4 Speed that is a true barn find unrestored car that was last registered in 1975.
This car runs and drives great and would be a perfect survivor type car to drive and enjoy until restored.

Over the last couple weeks we have done a full mechanical restoration to get the car in roadworthy condition and all work was done by an ASE Certified Master Technician with 40 years experience servicing and restoring Mopars.
The engine was damaged and partially disassembled so it was pulled and an excellent running 1968 383 was installed. This engine got a full service and tune up and the correct AFB carburetor was cleaned and serviced. This engine starts with the touch of the key and runs super nice with no leaks and stays cool.
All new hoses were installed and the radiator was cleaned out.
The original numbers matching 4 speed transmission was removed, totally disassembled, inspected and then reassembled with new seals and gaskets. This car has low miles (probably under 50K, original speedo cable was broken so mileage unknown) and the transmission looked like new inside. All syncros, bearings, gears and hubs looked perfect so I just cleaned everything and reassembled it with new seals, gaskets, needle bearings, reverse light switch and new mount. The original inland shifter was cleaned, blasted, phosphate coated and lubed. This transmission shifts great and is perfectly quiet. The original shifter handle looks very nice and the original lower boot is fine.
The clutch pedal rod was replaced and all the clutch linkage was rebuilt.
The original driveshaft was rebuilt and verified to be straight.
The original 8 3/4 rear end (3.23 single track) was taken apart and inspected. The gears and bearings were perfect so the 3rd member was just cleaned and reinstalled with fresh lube. The axle bearings were perfect as well so they were just cleaned, repacked with fresh grease and the inner seals replaced. Th rear end is perfectly tight and quiet while driving.
The brake system was completely rebuilt with new master cylinder, new hoses, new shoes, machined drums, new wheel seals. The brakes work perfect and stop perfectly straight and true. The parking brake works perfectly as well (super important with a stick shift car).
The fuel system was gone through and a new tank and fuel pump were installed.
The front suspension and steering were rebuilt and the car drives great.
A new set of tires were installed on the original magnum 500 wheels and they ride smooth with no vibration.
All the headlights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, reverse lights, console lights, glovebox light work perfectly.
The electro-luminecent dash lights up great and looks awesome.
The headlight rotating motors will need pulled, cleaned and serviced. I unplugged them before I powered up the system so they would not get damaged if stuck and when I tested them they did not move but had electrical continuity. Everything is in place for the headlight system and I hear the relays clicking under the dash when I turn on the lights. Just to be clear, the headlights all work perfectly for driving, just the rotating part does not work.
The dash gauges do not all work. The speedometer and amp gauge work great but the other gauges are inop.
The body is SUPER SOLID and has no rust issues at all.
The passenger side had been repainted at one time and the old paint is falling off as you can see. The car is very straight and would repaint nicely if wanted.
I have a CLEAR CURRENT ARKANSAS TITLE.
The price is 14500.

DSCN2675.JPG DSCN2676.JPG DSCN2677.JPG DSCN2678.JPG DSCN2679.JPG DSCN2680.JPG DSCN2681.JPG DSCN2682.JPG DSCN2683.JPG DSCN2684.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back