• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1966 Dodge Charger 383 4 Speed Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

challengersteve

Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am selling a 1966 Dodge Charger 383 4 barrel, 4 speed.
First off this is NOT A 426 HEMI CAR someone just put the emblems on it, probably when almost new as they are originals and have been there a LONG TIME. This is a real 383 4 barrel HP dual exhaust, factory 4 speed car that is red, black interior and no vinyl top.
This is a SUPER SOLID original Arkansas car that has been sitting since the mid 70's from what I can tell as the last registration was 1975.
I took out the front seats and console so all the rotted carpet could be removed and I could see the condition of the floors. They are very clean and only have a couple places that need attention as shown (there was a mouse nest where the rust places are). The trunk floor is very nice and clean as well.
All the dash looks great with the original radio and all gauges intact.
The console is no damaged anywhere and all the original interior is in place. I have all the original seat belts (they were not reinstalled) but they will included and need rebuilt.
This is a SUPER SOLID BODY with perfect frame rails and underbody. There is no rust in the engine compartment and even the original battery tray looks nice.
The car has NEVER BEEN CRASHED and the rails, aprons, core support, jambs, etc. are all super nice.
The car had a minor wreck at one time on the passenger side and the fender is a very early service replacement. It looks like they repaired some minor scape down the side at the same time and then repainted this side only blending at the roof. As you can see this old paint is letting loose so I just pressure washed it and then treated the bare metal so it would not surface rust any more. This side is actually very straight and will not be an issue at all.
The original transmission and rear end are still in place but the engine is a 1968 383. This engine had been rebuilt at one time. I pulled the heads and the bores are super nice and it turns over fine with good compression. The heads are a matched pair of 906 casting that are nice as well. The correct 68 intake and carb are there also.
The radiator is the ORIGINAL TO THIS CAR.
The car rolls and steers fine and the tires hold air.
I will have a clear, clean Arkansas title back in about 2 - 3 weeks.
The car is located in Alma, Arkansas 72921.
The price is 12,500 and payment must be by either wire transfer or cash.
Thanks, Steve

DSCN2492.JPG DSCN2494.JPG DSCN2495.JPG DSCN2496.JPG DSCN2497.JPG DSCN2498.JPG DSCN2499.JPG DSCN2500.JPG DSCN2501.JPG DSCN2502.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back