• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 dodge hood depression paint color

696pack

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of contrasting color in the hood depression of a 1966 Dodge?

I have a Hemi hood scoop I bought for my 66 Hemi car. I HAD an extra hood until someone stole it. Before it was gone I painted the depression black and the hood scoop black. It looked kind of funky to me. I was going to paint the hood scoop body color and the hood depression in flat black but the hood was stolen before I got to it. I was thinking it might look better that way as if the air was being sucked into the hood scoop.

I have purchased a 1966 Charger that I MAY use this hood scoop on and I am looking at options. Anyone with a 66-67 Charger with a Hemi hood scoop on it I would like to see a profile shot of the car.

Pictures with and without hood scoops welcome with the hood depression painted in a contrasting color.

Are you thinking of doing something like the "Lawman" paint?

lawman1966_charger_front_angle.jpg

That is what I did that I did not like the look of. I was planning on painting the hood scoop body color and the depression a different color.

I created a thread with you name in the title to contact me as you don't take PMs.

Auto Transport Service
Back