• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Dodge or Plymouth B body cars. With or without sway bar

gtx6970

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Ok, I felt this needs its own thread.
Im trying to figure when the design changed from the strut rod mounted sway bar to the lower control arm mount style.

So which style does your 66 have. SPD would be nice , engine options , etc etc
I would think hemi cars would have it for sure, but apparently not as per one member

If it had the earlier style there would be holes drilled in the K frame where it attaches to the frame itself. And No brackets welded to the lower control arms
Later styles were mounted more forward with 2 bolts per side on the front lip of the K frame and WILL have the brackets welded to the lower control arms

If theres a chance yours may not be all factory post the date on the lower control arms as well if avail

EDIT , Build plant the car was produced as well would be beneficial as well , just in case

pc is my car . And Im pretty sure its the original front suspension

20220614_090448.jpg

Last edited:
I'll go first

1966 Satellite, hemi Auto, SBD is April 5th 1966 Lynch rd plant
Mine has the later style.

And there are no dates on the lower control arm rivet

Last edited:
I have an aftermarket swaybar for a '67 that really doesn't fit my '66, but I use it, anyway. Ill post a pic a little later on today.

Mine,
1966 Coronet 440 convertible 383 4bbl/auto, built Sept 22 1965 (Lynch Road) - has the tabs on the LCA's for links (but they are in-board of where the strut goes thru the LCA)
1966 Coronet 440 HT 361/auto, built Aug 1966 (Los Angeles) - has the tabs on the LCA's for links (but they are out-board of where the strut goes thru the LCA)

Neither has the strut rod attaching type and they were built nearly a year apart . . . weird.

Mine is a 6-13-66 St.Louis built Belvedere factory 383 10”drums welded lower LCA .

Already showed you my 66 in other post, clamp on type, January build. I can get more precise info tonite.

Auto Transport Service
Back